Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I'm new on here. I currently drive a Focus ST3 and although love the car, the seat is doing a number on my back and it's just not a comfortable commuter car.
So I see the Fusion sport (which I would max out) and the MKZ which I would also max out. The obvious $20k difference is BIG! so... things that I'd miss / would love your feedback about..

1- 75hp? honestly not gunna miss those.
2- handling? not sure which is better. (given the driver package on both)
3- the HUGE sunroof on the MKZ is AWESOME
4- 20 hifi speakers! (how's the premium audio on the FS?)
5- the upgraded seat with lumbar massage
6- cockpit fit and finish seems a lot more plush on the MKZ..

Please discuss...

FYI. I have test drove the FS and only sat in the MKZ as yet..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Take some time to test drive both. You can also check out the YouTube review of both by AutoVlog. He did 20 minute reviews on both.

·
Registered
246 Posts
the MKZ's upgraded seats (the same as the Coninental IIRC) are without a doubt the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, and I sit in every car, every year, at the Cleveland auto show. If I could have afforded a 3.0T AWD MKZ, I would have bought one to get those seats.

If your wallet doesn't care, then let your @$$ and your eyes decide for you.

Reactions: jtk500

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't forget the perks of having a Lincoln like their maintenance program:

Lincoln makes moving through life seamless with our new pickup and delivery ownership experience. We’ll pick up your vehicle when it’s time for service and drop it off when the work is complete. We’ll also lend you a complimentary Lincoln in between – so your time remains distinctly yours.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is my thoughts. If you have the money, drive them both and see what you like better.
I agree that the Lincoln has more luxury than the Ford but it is supposed to as it is Ford's high end brand. If money is not an issue and you want the lux then the Lincoln is the way to go. Other than that I though that both were similar.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I honestly don't think there is really much of a performance advantage in the Z until you are well above the speed limit since the torque management is going to limit both cars to about the same power at lower speeds. In Autovlog's 0-60 video he claims 4.9 sec in the Z while his FuSpo vid was I think 5.6. The two cars are WAY closer than that would lead you to believe. I'm not trying to say the Sport is just as fast as the Z, but his vids are severely biased toward the Z. I watched the Z 0-60 video and came up with 5.3 almost every time. If you start the time when the speedo starts moving it might be under 5, but the car clearly starts moving long before the speedo does. Also, he says he was running 93 in the Z video, while there is no mention of fuel run in the Sport.

Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't buy the Z. I AM saying you shouldn't buy it with a large emphasis on the performance it has over the Sport. There are obviously LOADS of delightful features that the Z has that might make it worth the extra cash to those that value those features. However, with a $4-600 tune the Sport will easily outrun a stock Z. I don't know what turbos the Z has, but if they are the same turbos as the Sport/SHO (I'm guessing the Garrett GT1548 as discussed on another thread), you aren't going to get much performance out of the Z over the Sport. The extra displacement isn't going to help much if the turbos are tapped out. However, if they are bigger turbos, then the Z might be a beast with a tune. Might be something worth looking into before taking the plunge if the performance is a major factor.

Reactions: jtk500
1 - 8 of 8 Posts