Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

New to this forum and I'm planning to replace my 2010 Fusion Sport. I have a very diverse list of candidates and would enjoy hearing your views. My list includes:

Mustang GT or Ecoboost
Focus RS
Focus ST
Golf R
Golf GTI
Accord Coupe V6
Fiat 124 "Fiata"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kentak,
I actually went through a very similar list. I ended up going with the Fusion Sport because it had most of the performance details I was looking for, the Android Auto integration, and a few other bells and whistles I was happy with. Other cars in your list have similar features - but I recently had my first child and rear-facing car seats are HUGE. My civic lost its front passenger seat space when I installed the car seat behind it.

So as I car shopped through other Ford's, Honda's, VW, I brought my car seat with me and installed it to each vehicle before doing a sit test. I'm 6'5" and there were very few choices of sedans or hatches where I could fit comfortable with the car seat installed behind me (that was my size test). Of those that fit well, even fewer had a sporty trim level to choose from and I didn't want to end up disliking my choice due to lethargic power or handling.

When the Fusion Sport was announced it seemed to check the right boxes and I knew from sitting in a titanium trim level that I would fit just fine. That's when I pulled the trigger and ordered one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking for a white, 401A and Blis combo.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Im going back to a mustang because I miss the performance and RWD even though I live in Indiana.
Reasons are,
1. Wife has a 4 door that can go on trips.
2. I have another vehicle I can drive in bad weather.
So if your not hauling people around and you don't have to worry about winters, Id go for the stang. Yes Im bias since Ive owned several.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Tell us more about YOU.

We can all pick our favorite from the list in terms of US. But this is your car. What do you need? 4 doors? AWD? Comfort? Best for auto-X?

I did have a similar list but ended up with the sport. 4 doors, AWD, comfort, power, carplay, "value".

·
Registered
24 Posts
My comparison list was similar to yours, but mine included cars from Mazda, Audi, BMW and Jaguar. The Fusion Sport is the quietest and most comfortable car on your list by a large margin. It feels a little heavy, but the acceleration and the adaptive suspension are very, very good. Ford has the best in-car electronics, also by a large margin. Having driven the Focus RS, I could not buy a Focus ST. That said, although the Focus RS and the Golf GTI are very fun to drive, both are ridiculously harsh for any kind of commute. I think the Jaguar XE is the prettiest of the cars I considered, but the Fusion is the next best. Ford's Kinetic Design and the look of the Fusion have stood the test of time and are widely copied. As you consider front wheel drive cars, you should add the Mazda 6 to your list. If you do not need four seats, you should add the Miata RF. Have fun in your search!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wonder what Kentak actually ended up doing...2 years ago like G82FS said ha. Funny how this person restarted all these old threads. Just for sh!$s and gigs Im putting in for the Sport. I also have a 2010 I will be replacing someday and Ive either driven or done serious research on all of those cars. 17-18 Sport is a great car with even more potential. Also I think they are a bargain for what you get. Ive driven 3 and it would be my pick. Secondly Id pick the ST. Good all arounder - RS is too harsh. ST is such a fun car- more fun then 4 banger mustang imho. Id pick the 5.0 stang but not a big 2 door fan. Otherwise great cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts