Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard anyone else talk about a chirping sound coming from the front end of their car. My wife was the one that heard it first. You will have to turn the stereo off to hear it.;) If so I have an easy fix that our Ford master technician found for us when the car was in on Thursday.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I haven't heard anyone else talk about a chirping sound coming from the front end of their car. My wife was the one that heard it first. You will have to turn the stereo off to hear it.;) If so I have an easy fix that our Ford master technician found for us when the car was in on Thursday.
Not sure if it the same noise or not. I have a small chirp almost a rattle that I hear on bumpy roads below 45 mph with no stereo. It almost sounds like it is coming from the front driver side of the cabin/dash. I am letting it go for now as sometimes these things work themselves out. What is the fix the master tech found?
-Lee

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if it the same noise or not. I have a small chirp almost a rattle that I hear on bumpy roads below 45 mph with no stereo. It almost sounds like it is coming from the front driver side of the cabin/dash. I am letting it go for now as sometimes these things work themselves out. What is the fix the master tech found?
-Lee
I also thought about just letting the Chirp work itself out but our Tech said things like this usually only get worse not better.
What our Tech found was on the front end where the bottom of the radiator support connects to the frame support (I think that is what these pieces are called). He pushed on the bottom of the radiator and could hear the chirp. After checking the torque on all the bolts and found them OK. He sandwiched some FORD 2 sided sticky tape where the supports connect together and reinstalling the bolts to the correct torque. Problem and Chirp solved.

Our Tech put in this fix to FORD and the next day got a phone call from the main Stamping & Assembly engineer from Hermosillo. The engineer asked him for a detailed procedure for the fix. I thought this was pretty cool. Good on FORD for listening to their Techs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Front Driver Side Chirp and Front Pass. Side Rattle.

I just started noticing the chirping sound on the Driver Side Front. I only have 4,000 miles on it. Good info on the radiator support. I also have this rattle sound in the Passenger Front almost sounds like near the wheel but the sound it makes is close to something lose slapping back and forth. It only does it over bumps. Its driving me insane. I had my 2010 Fusion brand new and never had a rattle in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes!! My Fusion is doing this chirping when the ac/heater is turned off or on!! I have taken it to the dealer and they said it was normal!! Although it did not do this until July 2017, so how is it normal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts