Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I am a technician I can't leave anything alone lol so started removing panels to see if the factory cold air intake could be improved "which it can it's restrictive" and found something wedged in front
of the drivers side of my intercooler. Pics show it was a piece of plastic that's suppose to be on the side of the radiator but got shoved in front of the intercooler during assembly no doubt. So removed it...whether it really hurt performance who knows but I'm glad it's out. Then in the next pics I noticed this intercooler is really packed tight on the back side. Not much room for air to flow behind it. It has
2 flaps that are normally closed right behind the intercooler I assume to keep heat from the engine in 100 degree weather sitting at a stop light from heating the back side of the intercooler. My problem is how fast do you need to go before these open. Seems like there is a better way.... so since I am a rebel I remove the flaps completely and building a better heat shield to let the intercooler flow! Now I don't recommend anyone do this as I don't know if it really helps or hurts but somebody needs to start expermenting with these cars and I'm willing to be a guineapig for you guys! lol >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I found this link on removing the bumper. But it also includes instructions on removing the under body cover. (Good pictures/video.) Once the cover comes off how do you remove the part? Looks like just a few pins? Is there enough room between the bumper and cooler to work? I'm tempted to do it myself as opposed having the dealer do it. They will probably want to drop the bumper and then who knows what. Thanks for your help.
-Lee
PS I assume I will need some ramps to do this?

Ford Fusion Front Bumper Cover Removal Guide - Second Gen (2013+) | Happy Wrenching

1 - 3 of 3 Posts