Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last few weeks i’ve been having issues with my charge pipes popping off. I’ve tried everything everyone has recommended with no luck. I switched to T bolt clamps, ive tried hairspray, industrial adhesive, just about everything short of welding a bead on the intercooler, or upgrading the charge pipes.
I run the GFB diverter valve and people have mentioned maybe it’s getting stuck open/close, aiding the pipes popping off, i’ve taken that off, cleaned it and lubed it up again, the problem still persists. If i need to upgrade the charge pipes, i will, i’m just trying everything else before going that route.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last few weeks i’ve been having issues with my charge pipes popping off. I’ve tried everything everyone has recommended with no luck. I switched to T bolt clamps, ive tried hairspray, industrial adhesive, just about everything short of welding a bead on the intercooler, or upgrading the charge pipes.
I run the GFB diverter valve and people have mentioned maybe it’s getting stuck open/close, aiding the pipes popping off, i’ve taken that off, cleaned it and lubed it up again, the problem still persists. If i need to upgrade the charge pipes, i will, i’m just trying everything else before going that route.
Thanks in advance.
I am running E30 James tune and CP-e fmic

·
Registered
847 Posts
I,ve plenty of hard pulls that produced close to 25 lbs of boost, and never once blew a hose. I would say tighten them up a bit more, make sure there on all the way , and have your clamps in the right spot. I,ve seen to many people put the clamps on the bead thinking it will hold better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I,ve plenty of hard pulls that produced close to 25 lbs of boost, and never once blew a hose. I would say tighten them up a bit more, make sure there on all the way , and have your clamps in the right spot. I,ve seen to many people put the clamps on the bead thinking it will hold better.
Where’s the clamp supposed to go? Sorry for the ignorance, this is my first build.

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
275 Posts
One recommendation that came right from Matt at Ultimate Performance as he was installing my IC. You must remove the metal lock tab on the hose when using an after market IC. If you don't it will blow off.

Reactions: Skipe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One recommendation that came right from Matt at Ultimate Performance as he was installing my IC. You must remove the metal lock tab on the hose when using an after market IC. If you don't it will blow off.
Where is the metal lock tab? Are you referring to the metal piece that is attached to the stock clamps?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Automotive tire Water Automotive wheel system Plumbing Rim

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yes, and the clamp goes behind the bead, so other side from the end.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Try worm gear clamps? Might fit just as tight

·
Registered
847 Posts
T bolts will hold better than any worm drive clamp made, what sometimes happens is you run out of threads before it's tight.

Reactions: LIMEY

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Have your tried the hairspray trick. Has resolved the issue for several guys and stick with the T clamps but be careful not to over tighten as to crush your pipe.

·
Registered
847 Posts
That hose is a bit short for some reason, before I put the water / meth system on mine, I found it would work its way down to the point that it looked like it was just aching to blow off. Never did, but once I got it so it fit better, no more moving around on the TB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had issues with mine popping off. I used 99% alcohol to clean off my intercooler and inside the charge pipe. I had to had a strip of grip tape around the intercooler plus have someone hold the hose on while tightening the clamp. If I didn't have someone putting pressure on the hose to keep it from sliding back, it continued to pop off. The grip tape and forward pressure help a ton and it hasn't popped off since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts