Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got my first rock chip in my front window. =(

Saw it flying at it, tiny thing on the freeway, sure enough....BAM! tiny chip...

When do we get transparent aluminum?

I'd pay double part price for that?

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
79 Posts
Get if fixed right away, insurance usually covers because they can use silicon filler and not have to replace the entire windshield if the pit hasn't turned into a crack.

Ken

·
Registered
140 Posts
ouch. At least it should be a zero deductible fix for you.

If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't paying attention this afternoon and slightly wacked one of those flimsy stop signs at a cross walk in front of a groccery store with my sideview. Now I have a nice scratch going down the back of the mirror :( lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bummer. I discovered a tiny nick in my paint near my front emblem. I'm probably the only one that will ever see it. But, I know it's there.
I feel ya. I noticed about the same thing 2 days ago and it's haunting me ever since. I have the matching MotorCraft touchup paint and will do my best to make it disappear... but you know... when you know it's there...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Exactly why I got rid of my black Cadillac was starting to see anything. Friends would always comment on how nice it was and I was having nightmares about it.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I have touch up but it's too small to chance making it stand out more. Maybe I can do it with a needle. LOL
For one thing it wont rust... did you know the hood is made of aluminum ? But i guess you got the nick in the plastic part of the front... even better

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah I even have the 3M clear bra and I got a rock chip right on the leading edge of the hood. I can see silver underneath...how are you supposed to touch up under a clear bra?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ugh I noticed a small door ding on the drivers side rear door, right along the lower ridge that protrudes from the body. It took a chip of paint with it.

I'll be using Quixx scratch remover and sealant to attempt to cover it up. I'll post before and after photos.

Also going to blame the girl in the red toyota that parks in the community garage next to me, if only for the couple of white streaks down both driver's side doors suggesting she likes to hug the pillar between our spots.

Some people just don't give a ****.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Some people just don't give a ****.
Sad but true... I forgot.. I have a door ding too. Somehow not on the raised ridge but down on the lower part of the door. Went through the paint also. What the heck did they paint these things with? Water colors!?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Also going to blame the girl in the red toyota that parks in the community garage next to me.
Red Toyota.... i hate her already!

Seriously i am always parked the farthest away in a parking lot, and always in a corner or something so i have the fewest sides exposed.

My GF hates it... but my car my rules. If she ever use my car i am gonna check where she's parking via Ford Pass and if it's NOT at the END of the parking lot.... she's in big trouble!

·
Registered
26 Posts
After examining the door ding more carefully, I think it cuts into the primer but not all the way into the metal.

I have some of the quixx scratch remover product but I'm fairly certain I will want a carefully placed dab of touch up paint over the area before I go filling it with any sort of polymer.

I wonder if my dealer will send me some free matching touch up paint? I hear this is common?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts