Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've managed to keep my driving record clean for a long long time, but over the weekend I may have set a new record and received two (yes TWO) speeding tickets within 11 mins of each another. I can't face palm myself hard enough.... I pray the judge finds a little humor in it and cuts me a little slack, both tickets are scheduled for the same day in the same court.

As it turns out, this car pulls incredibly hard when passing someone on the freeway and can get you significantly over the speed limit in a very short amount of time when you put your foot into it without paying much attention to the speedometer.

Figured some here might find some humor at my expense. I'm sure this isn't going to be cheap :crying:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am just waiting for it to happen to me. Luckily it hasn't happened yet, but it's only a matter of time. Sorry about your luck! Hopefully the judge is a car enthusiast!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, neither time did I even realize that I was speeding too be honest. I'm driving miss daisy now lol

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I use cruise control all the time because of this. Actually just yesterday on my way into work I had my cruise set at 84 in a 70 mph zone, and passed a cop in the median as I came over a hill. By the time he got his car turned on and pulled out though I was in a group of other cars and I am guessing he couldn't figure out which one I was, cause after a he passed the group he went a little ways, then pulled back into the median.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had one close call so far... Two cops sitting on the side of the road at night, went passed them and one of turned on the red and blues as I went by but turned them right off! Call myself lucky! Good luck with your situation man

Reactions: Knightfall and 1153

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You live in Virginia? Only state I can think you can have that happen.

Reactions: DaMiFo and Cobra427

·
Registered
346 Posts
@;
You live in Virginia? Only state I can think you can have that happen.
Ha...haha...hahaha... I live in VA :crying:
It's true... I live in (possibly) the worst state to speed in... the ONLY STATE radar detectors are illegal (49 state legal besides VA)... more than 14 mph over the limit and it is considered reckless driving and criminal speeding... ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!:eek:
Not the state to speed in... unless
Your like me and have lived on Long Island NY your whole life up until just recently and still have active residency because you own a home there... THEN it doesn't matter where you speed as long as it isn't NY or Quebec... seeee NY state doesn't transfer points to your license from out of state tickets... >:)>:)>:)
As long as I get a lawyer (if need be) and pay all associated fines (and possibly never drive in that state again) I get to keep my license!!!! I would like to state that I choose not to drive recklessly, and hardly ever speed... but it's good to know a few slip ups won't cost me my privilege to drive...

·
Registered
176 Posts
So I've managed to keep my driving record clean for a long long time, but over the weekend I may have set a new record and received two (yes TWO) speeding tickets within 11 mins of each another. I can't face palm myself hard enough.... I pray the judge finds a little humor in it and cuts me a little slack, both tickets are scheduled for the same day in the same court.

As it turns out, this car pulls incredibly hard when passing someone on the freeway and can get you significantly over the speed limit in a very short amount of time when you put your foot into it without paying much attention to the speedometer.

Figured some here might find some humor at my expense. I'm sure this isn't going to be cheap :crying:

In the FS you don't realize how quick it gets up to speed! it's the comfort of the car and the sound insulation, you go to pass on a fwy and your into triple digits without even trying, like when you look back in the rear view and you just wanted to get around some pokie, you look back and go" how did I get that far past them? Sorry to hear about your "two" tickets! you must practice foot control or use cruise control, that's what I do, it's really hard not to speed in this car, just getting into traffic from a stop and your going 60+ LOL , hope you get a good judge !

Reactions: cockerdogs and 1153

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Radar detectors are illegal in NY also but not enforced. I figured your in VA, I just drove through on Saturday and every 5 miles was a ******* cop.

Easy now. I hear one of the moderators is a cop.
-BOT_ROCKET

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lol. In VA. Sry @BOT_ROCKET nothing against cops. It's just when you try to drive and those people trying to pass see cops screw up the flow of traffic.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Also why so many on the highways? Is speeding so important, we all know the quotas need to be filled but every time I've driven through VA it's the same. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me

·
Registered
346 Posts
Also why so many on the highways? Is speeding so important, we all know the quotas need to be filled but every time I've driven through VA it's the same. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me
They are very big on speeding down hear... I don't know why more here than other places... didn't help that my dads advice growing up on LI was to "just do not go double the speed limit"... but I cruise control it at 64 on the highway... I'll take a nine over ticket...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have family that are police, they say the same 9 over and most won't go after you but I don't dare do 5 in VA

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
129 Posts

I feel your pain. It's been several years since I got a couple excessive speeding tickets on my M.C. $368 each plus points gets expensive so I have slowed down a little. I have been thinking though that if I'm not careful in traffic when passing some pokie in the left lane, as I did yesterday, there could be a ticket in my future. When those turbos kick in the Sport gets up and moves quickly. :D BTW, I have a son and a niece in the RCMP.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Definitely don't have any humor, just empathy. I have a similar story from years ago. About 16 years ago, I hadn't gotten a ticket in over 13 years, I got pulled over near the end of my commute at about 9PM on a Friday night coming home from work in North Jersey (I live in Central Jersey). I wasn't even speeding, just changing lanes and signaling every time, and all of a sudden, the lights come up behind me. I give the officer my papers (License, registration and insurance), and he goes back to his car to check my stuff, and I'm sure, check my record (Clean for 13 years!) He comes back with THREE tickets for me 20 minutes later, Reckless Driving, Tailgating, and Improper Lane Change, 9 points in all. Cost me $500 to go to court and knock it down to 2 points so I could keep my license!:mad:

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
320 Posts
I feel for you. I use the adaptive cruise control all the time now, as I find it keeps me from getting all antsy when I am stuck behind some person doing 10 under the limit hogging the left land alongside a rig doing the same speed.
Yes the car can hit 100mph very quickly when passing if you hot foot it. It is going to be awesome ripping through the Rockies this summer. My previous vehicle didn't have the power to safely pass on the shorter uphill passing lanes in the mountains, this one surely does.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Definitely don't have any humor, just empathy. I have a similar story from years ago. About 16 years ago, I hadn't gotten a ticket in over 13 years, I got pulled over near the end of my commute at about 9PM on a Friday night coming home from work in North Jersey (I live in Central Jersey). I wasn't even speeding, just changing lanes and signaling every time, and all of a sudden, the lights come up behind me. I give the officer my papers (License, registration and insurance), and he goes back to his car to check my stuff, and I'm sure, check my record (Clean for 13 years!) He comes back with THREE tickets for me 20 minutes later, Reckless Driving, Tailgating, and Improper Lane Change, 9 points in all. Cost me $500 to go to court and knock it down to 2 points so I could keep my license!:mad:
Wow that is harsh:eek:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts