Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this morning I got a message on my Ford Pass app that the car has entered deep sleep mode. When I go out to the car, I cannot start it nor load any electrical. So I jump start the car, and I'm able to get it started. I drive it around the block, car drives fine. I can turn it off, and restart it on its own. Now, my SYNC 3 system (with navigation) will not boot up. Just a black screen. I cannot perform a reset using the Seek Up + Power button as outlined in the manual.

I made an appointment at the dealership to get it looked at.

Anyone had this problem before? Any have a solution?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well, this morning I got a message on my Ford Pass app that the car has entered deep sleep mode. When I go out to the car, I cannot start it nor load any electrical. So I jump start the car, and I'm able to get it started. I drive it around the block, car drives fine. I can turn it off, and restart it on its own. Now, my SYNC 3 system (with navigation) will not boot up. Just a black screen. I cannot perform a reset using the Seek Up + Power button as outlined in the manual.

I made an appointment at the dealership to get it looked at.

Anyone had this problem before? Any have a solution?
Can check out the link below.

http://www.fusionsportforums.com/fo...o-electronics-lighting/3770-dead-battery.html

Can have dealer try the 46433 update

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, reading the dead battery thread is scaring the heck out of me. I really don't want Ford to have to buy the car back.. This is my first Ford after being a GM guy for years. Not good at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
as blueshock mentioned, its the ACM that causing the drain get the Software update from service message 46433 - takes a bout 2 hrs.
It also depends on when you car was built, if it was before June 2016 it might be the door module.

But for most of the people on here its been the ACM that has caused the drain(including me - built Aug 2016).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as blueshock mentioned, its the ACM that causing the drain get the Software update from service message 46433 - takes a bout 2 hrs.
It also depends on when you car was built, if it was before June 2016 it might be the door module.

But for most of the people on here its been the ACM that has caused the drain(including me - built Aug 2016).
My build date is 11-30-2016. I really hope its just a software update....

·
Registered
451 Posts
My build date is 11-30-2016. I really hope its just a software update....
Should be :) Not an uncommon issue, and the fix is right around the corner. Good luck!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should be :) Not an uncommon issue, and the fix is right around the corner. Good luck!
Just got the car back. Dealership said they reset the SYNC 3 system. Not sure if they applied that update, or simply reset it. Is there anyway to check if that update has been applied?

I'm glad I got the car back... reading anymore of that dead battery thread and I was going to have to call my doctor and have him examine my heart. Yeesh.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just got the car back. Dealership said they reset the SYNC 3 system. Not sure if they applied that update, or simply reset it. Is there anyway to check if that update has been applied?

I'm glad I got the car back... reading anymore of that dead battery thread and I was going to have to call my doctor and have him examine my heart. Yeesh.
There may be a way to check, don't know it off hand. They should have wrote it out on your service order if the update was performed.

Worst case scenario, if dead battery occurs again, bring it back in and point them to that Service Message 46433. A lot of other members in this forum paved the way for the past 8 months to get this resolved

Reactions: Knightfall

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There may be a way to check, don't know it off hand. They should have wrote it out on your service order if the update was performed.

Worst case scenario, if dead battery occurs again, bring it back in and point them to that Service Message 46433. A lot of other members in this forum paved the way for the past 8 months to get this resolved
I will do this. Thanks for your help!

I'm so glad I got the car back.. Did I say that already?

I'm very glad to have the car back. Lol.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You will most likely need the update from the SSM 46433.

My car was built in July 2016 and had the battery issue right from the start. I elected to use a trickle charger every other day for months till they released the working update. Been three weeks with zero issues and no use of a charger or low battery warnings. It truly appears that the update is a functional fix, though I will feel much more confident after a few months without issue.

My daily drive is only 4 miles to work, so lots of short tripping here.

Reactions: Knightfall and Rice

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You will most likely need the update from the SSM 46433.

My car was built in July 2016 and had the battery issue right from the start. I elected to use a trickle charger every other day for months till they released the working update. Been three weeks with zero issues and no use of a charger or low battery warnings. It truly appears that the update is a functional fix, though I will feel much more confident after a few months without issue.

My daily drive is only 4 miles to work, so lots of short tripping here.
Is the dealership the only one that can perform this update?

·
Registered
293 Posts
My car is currently in dealer for a dead battery. Car sat from friday morning to sunday afternoon. And then car unlocked as usuall.. but push key button and dash and radio kinda lit up but all confused.. lights flickered no crank. Thwn couldnt get dome lights to turn off and doors wouldn't lock... towed it in Tuesday still there

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just happened to me today at the airport. Car sat for two days. Thankfully I keep the engergizer jump start kit with me. Took less than a minute to get it started so it wasn't fully discharged.

See if it happens again and I'll take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is the dealership the only one that can perform this update?
Yes. It doesn't take that long. I had mine updated whilst they performed and oil change.
When I picked it up, I verified the the DDM worked and the windows went up and down with one-touch without issue.

I truly think this might be the primary fix for our dead battery issues, minus a few that are caused by a defective battery.

Reactions: Knightfall
1 - 15 of 15 Posts