Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A contributor for the Car And Driver, Don Sherman had a chance to test drive the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport and he was impressed.

Ford dropped a 2.7-liter, twin-turbo V-6 EcoBoost engine into the Fusion Sport and it’s able to deliver an impressive 325 ponies and 380 lb-ft of torque. This makes the Fusion the first midsize family sedan to punch through the 300hp ceiling. A six-speed automatic transmission sends power to all four wheels and they’re predicting a 0 to 60 mph sprint time of just 5.3 seconds.

Enough about the specs; how does it drive you may ask?

Step on the throttle and that head-snapping acceleration kicks in. You can both feel and see the torque delivery shift to the rear via a live pictogram displayed in the instrument cluster. That’s the feeling we can expect get and that’s without putting it into Sport mode. Once that S button is pushed, the drive feel dramatically changes in seven ways and you can read all about it here: Ford Fusion V6 Sport Drive Mode Changes Seven Settings.

The standard 235/40R-19 Goodyear all-season tires had adequate grip, nothing to write home about but maybe the optional summer tires will perform better. Its electrically assisted steering is nicely weighted and quick but, it could be a bit faster and provide the driver with more feedback.

What stood out was Ford’s Continuously Controlled Damping system that instantly adjusts itself depending on the road surface, vehicle speed, cornering loads, steering angle, and even severe pavement irregularities like speed bumps or potholes.

Overall, a great vehicle for an MSRP of $34,350 and if you load up the Fusion Sport with navigation, various driver assists, and special paint options, you could be seeing a $40,000 price tag.

·
Registered
624 Posts

The standard 235/40R-19 Goodyear all-season tires had adequate grip, nothing to write home about....
I didn't notice this the first time I read car and drivers first Drive but now I see at least two people who took the trip to ****, MI mentioned standard Goodyear all-season tires.

What gives?

Ok so apparently we can't post the word, h e l l

·
Registered
104 Posts
Car and Driver has offices in Ann Arbor and sadly, SE Michigan isn't exactly known for its "drivers" roads. Still, there is a small area 15 miles northwest of town that has a few excellent roads and two in particular typically don't have much traffic. They happen to be located near "He����", MI. Not really a town but a rural area. These guys (and me) have been testing their cars on these roads for years. Strange that they have the Goodyears.. Mentioned in the previous post I've only seen Contis on them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I didn't notice this the first time I read car and drivers first Drive but now I see at least two people who took the trip to ****, MI mentioned standard Goodyear all-season tires.

What gives?
What do you mean? Are the factory Goodyears somehow better than factory Contis?

·
Registered
624 Posts
What do you mean? Are the factory Goodyears somehow better than factory Contis?
I honestly don't know if they're better or worse. But to date I haven't heard of or seen a single Sport with Goodyear all-seasons. To my knowledge there is no such thing as "factory" Goodyears as far as the Sport is concerned. So why did the Sports from HeII have them? Enter conspiracy theory here. ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I honestly don't know if they're better or worse. But to date I haven't heard of or seen a single Sport with Goodyear all-seasons. To my knowledge there is no such thing as "factory" Goodyears as far as the Sport is concerned. So why did the Sports from HeII have them? Enter conspiracy theory here. ;)
Mine have the Goodyear all season F1's , haven't really pushed it that hard, but they seem quiet and do handle the corners well, not really sure if that is a contributor to the AWD or both ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine are the all seasons.

*shrug*

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ours is a Sept build date and we have the Goodyear all seasons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
F1 Goodyear all season tires

I have about 1000 miles on my Sport have the F1 GY AS tires and they are nice except when turn there seems to be a rub noise at decent speeds otherwise I love them. Granted I will be ordering summer tires come said season.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine has the Continentals. They are okay but I would love to upgrade as soon as possible.

Yup.. I want to put some PSS's on mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine have the Goodyear all season F1's , haven't really pushed it that hard, but they seem quiet and do handle the corners well, not really sure if that is a contributor to the AWD or both ?
My 13 SHO had F1 Supercar's on them from the factory and i just wasn't happy with them. Waiting for the Contis to wear down enough to justify upgrading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car and Driver has offices in Ann Arbor and sadly, SE Michigan isn't exactly known for its "drivers" roads. Still, there is a small area 15 miles northwest of town that has a few excellent roads and two in particular typically don't have much traffic. They happen to be located near "He����", MI. Not really a town but a rural area. These guys (and me) have been testing their cars on these roads for years. Strange that they have the Goodyears.. Mentioned in the previous post I've only seen Contis on them.
I'd be interested in meeting up - but haven't been to He11 yet. Been told to go there many times but haven't followed through! haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the tire but there are some problem on Goodyear for my Fusion Sport, psi kind of unsteady, sometime 36psi when is cold weather and after I drove the car it can rise up to 45psi, I ask the dealer they told me to drop the psi but Goodyear recommend to maintain 42psi.
Is that because of the material Goodyear are using that the psi have a big different when it is cold and hot.
I used to drive a Volvo S60, my psi is always the same or else there will be warning light on my dash board. Then my tire is Continental Extreme Contact all season, very smooth and quite.

·
Registered
333 Posts
When I switched to 20's, I put 255/35 Falken Ziexs on, and they've been fairly consistent with psi, at least according to the TPMS sensors and display. They'll fluctuate between 39 psi cold and 42 psi when warm, but all of the tires read the same. Not particularly brand loyal, just wanted some decent tires to mount on the 20s. Car isn't driven in the snow (that's what the Tundra 4wd is for), and if I can help it, not in the rain either. It's a garage queen, so a 3-season tire with more grip than longevity is fine for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts