Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
A decent article considering its limits. I agree with most of their assessments, except for the seats. I and I think most buyers of the Sport will be using the Sport more as a touring/daily car. Not as a track animal. I honestly would not have bought the Sport if they had put the Focus ST'S recaro seats in it. They may be good for track day, but not for most days IMO. I want to/do enjoy my Sport everyday.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I actually hope the seats are a bit better at bolstering than the previous gen Sport. Anytime I put my 2010 into the curves aggressively I get thrown all over the seat and feel like I have to hold onto the steering wheel for stability, which isn't safe. I don't remember what the 17s seats were like in my short test drive, but I don't remember feeling the bolsters that I loved in my numerous 1990-99 SHOs. I kinda see what C&D is saying although I hope they are being overly picky. Why can't Ford do the pneumatic side bolsters they did 25 yrs ago? I miss those seats.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I actually hope the seats are a bit better at bolstering than the previous gen Sport. Anytime I put my 2010 into the curves aggressively I get thrown all over the seat and feel like I have to hold onto the steering wheel for stability, which isn't safe. I don't remember what the 17s seats were like in my short test drive, but I don't remember feeling the bolsters that I loved in my numerous 1990-99 SHOs. I kinda see what C&D is saying although I hope they are being overly picky. Why can't Ford do the pneumatic side bolsters they did 25 yrs ago? I miss those seats.
I liked my 2010 seats better personally. Maybe just cause they were worn in, but I made a comment on my test drive that I wasn't fond of the bolstering in the seat and I was playing with all sorts of adjustments trying to see if I could get more.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Honestly, one of the main reasons I wanted to test drive a sport before ordering one was because I wanted to sit in the seats and make sure I could get comfortable in them, even more than I wanted to feel the power. I hate when seats in a pretty standard car are overly bolstered. Great way to lose feeling in your legs and @$$ during regular driving in a seat that is needlessly squeezing you. The sport's seats, IMO, were just bolstered enough to accompany the "sport" badge. In the daily driving that this car will do for most people, most of the time, heavily bolstered seats just are not that comfortable unless its what you're used to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The good thing about the C&D first drive is that they talk about the new features and then actually discuss what it is like driving with them. They seem pretty positive about the handling and generally seem to like the car. Much nicer comments than their similar first drive of the platinum. I've never heard criticisms focussed on the door to dash gaps though; maybe I should run out and check my car. I'd hate to have try to take it back because of that!

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts