Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a bit frustrating: the weather here has been up and down and I haven't had a chance to take the FS out on the back roads where I get to ring out the GTO regularly. TODAY, I finally had that chance...

First off, I've got to work on shifting. To finesse corner to corner, I need to know where I can coax it into shifting down, when to shift up and so on. It's not nearly as intuitive as the manual, but I think it's got potential. I'd love the shift points to be harder, but that's going to have to wait for tuning.

I turned off traction control (otherwise it'll pull horsepower as soon as you start to slide a bit) and put it in sport. Control thru the corners seems good-bumps don't unbalance it and I'm getting real world cornering at the same speeds as the GTO. Braking is great from fast to slow on a real world road (I know the 70-0 on paper looks unremarkable, but in the real world it's working great). The car doesn't feel heavy in this context.

I guess bottom line is that it's going to take more work to get this to a satisfying level of speed on the back roads, but I think it's going to put a smile on my face like the GTO has. Just have to decide if I'm gonna tune, or more likely, WHEN I'm gonna tune.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went straight from the dealer lot to Livernoise Motorsports and picked up their tuner when I got my sport. I drover 526 miles and threw the tune on. I now have 700 miles and the car is a freaking beast..So quick and fun. I cant wait for her to get a few thousand and be fully broken in and get to the track. See how fast she really is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts