Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about polishing or painting their calipers? Or would it look like junk?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I thinking painting them would be cool. Polishing might blend in too much, kinda like they already do.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Every vehicle I've owned I have painted my calipers with G2. Its extremely durable and comes in various colors.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm actually interested in a CTS-V caliper conversion... There's a company that specialized in brackets for adapting, and they have them already for the RS.

All in is just over $600 ish, and apparently it's a very good upgrade. Waiting to hear back on the FuSpo, but if they can do it, I'll be painting all 4 in as close to ruby red as I can get, and I'll probably put a Brembo logo on the front.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm actually interested in a CTS-V caliper conversion... There's a company that specialized in brackets for adapting, and they have them already for the RS.

All in is just over $600 ish, and apparently it's a very good upgrade. Waiting to hear back on the FuSpo, but if they can do it, I'll be painting all 4 in as close to ruby red as I can get, and I'll probably put a Brembo logo on the front.
Do you have a link or anything? Very curious to know more.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The CTS-V comes with some massive brakes. 4 pots up front would give you serious stopping power. Would you have any issues with wheel clearance though ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you have a link or anything? Very curious to know more.
CTS-V BRAKE SWAP

That's the company that makes the brackets... The guy that had them linked on his Focus RS video also has a Subaru, and it's possible he just linked the company in his RS video, though his listed mods makes me think he's got a kit on the RS. Does the RS come with Brembo brakes from the factory?

The CTS-V comes with some massive brakes. 4 pots up front would give you serious stopping power. Would you have any issues with wheel clearance though ?
There are pictures of Subaru's with 17 and 18 inch wheels with the calipers clearing...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I saw a Panamera hybrid with the neon green/yellow calipers. Thought that looked real sharp. I'd love to do it, but lease.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do leased cars have the calipers welded on?
I don't think so, but I'm not gonna go through the hassle of painting them only to have to paint them back.

Reactions: falkin42

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I don't think so, but I'm not gonna go through the hassle of painting them only to have to paint them back.
Returning your lease will not require you to paint them back. If the dealership you work with would make a big deal about that, you are going to a shitty dealership.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Returning your lease will not require you to paint them back. If the dealership you work with would make a big deal about that, you are going to a shitty dealership.
You're probably right. We'll see.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ford leasing has changed in the past few years to using a 3rd party for inspections. The dealership has nothing to do with the inspection and chargers.
My Sport will be our 6th Red Carpet Lease. We have never been charged for anything other than a little mileage. However, it is much more subjective than objective. They even send you a small card before EOL with the allowable scratch lengths etc.. One tip, inspect your tire tread depth and if questionable go put some cheap used tires on it shortly before inspection.

https://credit.ford.com/preparing-for-lease-end

PS We have never modified our leased vehicles.

·
Registered
215 Posts
They even send you a small card before EOL with the allowable scratch lengths etc.. One tip, inspect your tire tread depth and if questionable go put some cheap used tires on it shortly before inspection.
Yeah, I got one of these from Ally when I leased a GMC Acadia from them. I think the tread depth thing is mostly a scam. I think they put that on there mainly to trick people into giving them a new set of tires with the car when they return it. In my case, the vehicle had 31K miles on it, and I don't consider their tread depth limit to be "unusual wear" for an SUV with that mileage. It didn't matter since the dealer bought it from Ally on the spot after "inspecting" the car for about a minute. I was all ready for a fight about the tires but it never came up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Let's say I wanted to do this. Would it be best to go to a shop or should I DIY it? Note that I'm not exactly car tech savvy (I can change tires but that's about it) and have very limited garage space, as I share a garage with another tenant. What would I expect to pay at a shop?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts