Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine drove from Cleveland to Washington DC last weekend for a smoking deal on a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I was talking to him about his purchase last night.
I asked him if he bought the extended warranty, and he told me the story on that as well.
The dealer offered him the Chrysler Care Max package that is a warranty as long as you own the car, period, $200 deductible for $3600.
He cordially declined stating he can get it cheaper online.
Apparently, there are dealers across the country that discount factory warranty packages.
He found the Max package for $2200, the dealer matched it and lumped it into his purchase.
He said I guarantee there are Ford dealers doing the same thing, it’s dealer mark up, just like on a car, parts, ect.
I searched and found a Ford dealer selling an 8 year, 100,000 mile, Premium Care warranty for $1209
You have to put in your cars information, I’m sure the price changes as the car gets older an accumulates miles. Since my car is 1 month old I’m sure it the cheapest it’ll be.
My dealer tried to get me to buy a 5 year for $3600
Is there anything here I’m missing? It’s a genuine Ford Premium Care warranty from a Ford dealer.
Link
https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/premiumcare.cfm

With the plethora of issues these cars have, I'm not keeping it with no warranty.
I usually keep my cars 7-9 years, 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nope, nothing your missing. PremiumCARE would be the way to go...

I'm debating myself. I'm not sure of the price on lombard fords website (since you have to put in personal information to even see a price?) I've did a little bit of searching around myself.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

The cheapest I could find so far. Let me know if you find one cheaper!

Edit: I found either 8 year 60k or 8 year 100k to be the sweet spot in terms of pricing. Anything more or less the price doesn't seem economical.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me that prices vary quite substantially since I've heard that profit margins on other extended warranties are great. I rather doubt that you'll see much (if any) increase in price until the 3 yr / 36k bumper to bumper warranty is up. Also, make sure you know exactly what's covered - there are several levels of Ford warranties and several endorsements that are also available if I understand things correctly.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also noticed the 8 year 100,000 mile to be the best "value"
The 8 year 125,000 mile jumped considerably, and I only put 12,000 miles a year anyway so 8 x 12,000 = 96,000

Bigblue, your site is cheaper
8 year, 100000 mile =$1935 0 deductible
$50 deductible = $1630
$100 = $1480
$200 = $1320

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
Ok so far Anderson and Koch and Flood Ford has the best price for me. 6 year/125K/$100 Deductible for $1520. My pricing is a bit more then what you guys are getting. I guess it is due to state selection? Current mileage on my car is 9680.

I found the following sites with online quotes and purchase options. It is interesting that some sites have detailed questions and options and some don't.

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com

https://championfordwarranty.com/

https://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com

https://www.floodfordesp.com

Save $$ on Genuine Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) Ziegler Ford

Ford Extended Warranty, Ford ESP, Premium Care & Maintenance Plans Anderson and Koch Ford

Here is the list of options on Floods website:

First Day Rental
Add First-Day Rental Benefits for Convenience and Additional Financial Protection!
Anytime you bring your vehicle in for a warranty related item you will immediately receive a rental. A regular ESP only gives you a rental when your repair will be done overnight.
Assurance of immediate transportation–especially important if out of town.
Convenience for pennies a day.
Transportation for warranty covered component repairs or recalls.
Pays up to $30 per day($36 for Lincoln vehicles)
Add First Day Rental for $90

Enhanced Rental

Provides a rental vehicle up to $60 per day for up to 10 days
Does not include First Day rental
Add Enhanced Rental $ 125

Bulb Coverage(Only Available on PremiumCARE)

Covers all factory-installed interior and exterior lighting – HID, LED, halogen bulbs and standard incandescent
Your chosen deductible will apply to repair.
Add Interior/Exterior Bulb Coverage $ 125

Key Services(Only Available on PremiumCARE)

If your key and/or fob are ...
Misplaced
Damaged
Locked in your vehicle
Your Plan will...
Replace or reprogram your key(s) and/or fob(s)
Your chosen deductible will apply
Not available in GA, MA, NY, ND, WY.
Add Key Services $ 175

·
Registered
451 Posts
I like the 8 year 100k mile as well. Especially if you end up selling the car at the 7 year mark, the new owner essentially has a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty as piece of mind.

My only caveat with the warranty is the 8 year part if you plan on keeping the car. In normal circumstances, very slim chance anything will go wrong in 8 years. However with the amount of bells and whistles our sport has (Twin turbo and anything engine related, Sync system, DA package, ACC/Park assist) Depending on what extra features you've gotten, it may be worth it.

For instance, if you have a fully loaded sport, it's probably a no brainer to get the ESP. Even if you tune the car and the engine blows and that's not covered, nearly everything else in the car is worth as much as a 3-4k engine. For instance, ACC system goes out, lane assist, whatever you can think of.

If you have a base sport, or just 401A, maybe not worth it at that point...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I read on warranty reviews, manufacturers bank on you crashing your car before 8 years, I read the statistic is
an accident every 7 years?

I didn't read far enough, are these warranties transferable?

I guess one point to this thread was I didn't realize the dealers marked the warranties up THIS much!

·
Registered
451 Posts
From what I read on warranty reviews, manufacturers bank on you crashing your car before 8 years, I read the statistic is
an accident every 7 years?

I didn't read far enough, are these warranties transferable?

I guess one point to this thread was I didn't realize the dealers marked the warranties up THIS much!
Yup. ESP is fully transferable without an issue,

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
So have you looked at the what's not covered list?

Covered by auto insurance:Bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), rearview mirror (glass and housing), wheel covers, studs and ornaments, service adjustments (glass and body parts), convertible top and wheels.

Maintenance Items:Service adjustments and cleaning, software upgrades, fixed (non-moving) body parts, batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, coolant, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lubricants, lights (bulbs, sealed beam, lenses), spark plugs, spark plug wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, LED lights, shock absorbers and compressed natural gas/liquid propane fuel system conversion components.

Other components and repairs:Buttons, carpet, clamps, dash pad, door and window handles, knobs, trim, upholstery, CNG/LPG components, tires, water leaks, wind noise, weatherstrips, fabric, liners, zippers and fasteners.

So does that show the rear view mirror would not be covered as well as our fancy head and tail lights?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Ford PremiumCare 6yr 125k warranty. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but I believe it was about $2400. I financed for 6 years on the car and I'll be at 125k miles by the time my payments are done and the warranty is up. I don't think warranties are set prices. You should be able to negotiate with your dealer and talk them down.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can buy one of these at any point when you are still under warranty. So if there is a chance you will not keep your car for over 3 years/ 36K miles, it might make sense to wait to purchase (except as a hedge against inflation, of course).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a finance manager at a Ford store and it's mine (our) job to sell those extended services. It's how we make a living. Now I'm not justifying charging exponential pricing but we're all in the business to make money some dealerships rely on the finance department to make their profit since new cars are always given away. If you get a good deal on a warranty and you keep a vehicle a long time it's a no brainer to get one. Your vehicle is something you spend the majority of your time in and rely on everyday to fulfill your daily routine and goals why not go a little further to make sure it's protected. May cost you a little more a month and there's always the chance you'll never use it but coming from both the selling and using side it's worth it when something does go wrong. Just my .02

By the way Ford ESP is great don't get me wrong but whatever aftermarket company your dealer uses (most of them do) your better off with them. It's a company that specializes in the warranty and claims of them plus the customer support is incredible. I can speak for my dealership in saying my aftermarket rep is there every other day making sure everything is perfect and if there's an issue he's on the phone with his higher up.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Can you add one to a car you have leased but will buy out the lease at the end and don't want to wait until the lease is up because it with cost more then?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts