Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got busted by NHP today testing out a tune revision at 99 mph Yikes the cop was cool and dropped it to 90 in a 70 zone , this one is gonna cost me , time to dig out my attorneys business card LMAO first ticket in 5 years

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I got busted by NHP today testing out a tune revision at 99 mph Yikes the cop was cool and dropped it to 90 in a 70 zone , this one is gonna cost me , time to dig out my attorneys business card LMAO first ticket in 5 years
Oh no! I think over where I'm at that's Reckless Op, I don't know about Nevada but I'm sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
555 Posts
In Colorado, the points on your license is the bigger problem. An attorney may be able to plead it down to a broken headlight or something (how my last ticket at 19 over went). The fine is still there but avoided a lot of points which can lead to lost license and higher car insurance, at least where we are.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
830 Posts
Same in Ohio for the points hurting more. I believe here 15 over could be reckless op, impound vehicle, etc. but it’s up to the officers discretion how he writes it up. Many years back got nabbed at 27 over in a 60 driving my ‘77 LTD. The officer was calm because as soon as he came onto me and lit up, I pulled over and did all the right things - window down, ignition off, both hands on the wheel until he gave me permission to move, etc. I got a heavy fine ($450 plus court costs), 6 points, and mandatory court appearance just to plead no contest. IIRC the points came off in 2-3 years but hurt my insurance for 5 years.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its the same point system here , gonna make some calls tomorrow and see what it is gonna cost and what can be done ,officer said he lowered the MPH to 90 to take the sting out of the ticket lmao

·
Registered
782 Posts
I got hit with that 91 in a 65 , it only cost me 140, and two points on my record. They take two points off every two years, I guess we should say a point a year, LOL. I got one on the turnpike, but you dont get any on it because it's a privet owned road. Up until then I hadn't gotten one in 22 years, talk about being pissed.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
362 Posts
You're guys states feel much harsher than Utah.

My girlfriend got caught at a 100 in an 80 I think, but he lowered it to 95 on an 80 (which didn't do anything because it was still in the 10-20 over range) but her ticket I think was $240? Not too many points either.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
In North Carolina anything 75 MPH or more (even if the speed limit is 70) is automatically Reckless Op. So yeah I'd say our state has some pretty stupid speed laws.

·
Registered
555 Posts
In North Carolina anything 75 MPH or more (even if the speed limit is 70) is automatically Reckless Op. So yeah I'd say our state has some pretty stupid speed laws.
Head west. We can run amok here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
In Ontario, Canada.
25 mph over is considered stunt driving and will cost you on the spot as the police officer has judge, jury, and executioner privileges. Vehicle impound for 14 days ($2500.00 bill with some fly by night towing company), automatic loss of license for 30 days, and after kangaroo court.. a fine of $2000.00 to $10,000.00 and up to 6 months in jail plus a one-year driver's license suspension for 1st offense. 40-50% increase in car insurance with a high-risk facilities broker. PS. The Mayor of Toronto says loud cars are for those who are compensating for inadequate anatomy. Public floggings are next.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
In Ontario, Canada.
25 mph over is considered stunt driving and will cost you on the spot as the police officer has judge, jury, and executioner privileges. Vehicle impound for 14 days ($2500.00 bill with some fly by night towing company), automatic loss of license for 30 days, and after kangaroo court.. a fine of $2000.00 to $10,000.00 and up to 6 months in jail plus a one-year driver's license suspension for 1st offense. 40-50% increase in car insurance with a high-risk facilities broker. PS. The Mayor of Toronto says loud cars are for those who are compensating for inadequate anatomy. Public floggings are next.
Wow you guys make North Carolina look tame :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
705 Posts
In Ontario, Canada.
Next is deportation to tha penal colony in Australia.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
In Ontario, Canada.
Damn, they have regular Judge Dreds up there, LOL

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey maybe that's why Australia has a reputation for fast cars! :cool:
Not on the public roads anymore. Speed cameras everywhere. Subcontracted to private operators. Cameras can be hidden anywhere from inside parked cars to wheelie bins on the side of the road.
Mega harsh to the next level down under.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not on the public roads anymore. Speed cameras everywhere. Subcontracted to private operators. Cameras can be hidden anywhere from inside parked cars to wheelie bins on the side of the road.
and they truly have a kangaroo court. Sorry. 😆

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
362 Posts
Glad that most places in the US have avoided things like that. I would hate to drive around with that omnipresent camera surveillance watching my every move.

Didn't we have like, several very important books and movies about why stuff like this is grade-A bad news? Where did we go wrong?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hey, don't look now, but it is probably just around the corner.:(

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
145 Posts
Sorry you got caught. Are you going to add this to the cost of the tune?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a smoking deal on this tune did some horse trading came out of pocket 75 bucks , now it looks like I paid full price lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Shawnski
1 - 20 of 21 Posts