Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently picked up a 2017 Fusion Sport and was looking into tuning options that would be alternative to flashing the ECU, I came across this jb4 tuner for the 2.7 eco boost f150, now I know the engine in the truck is slightly different but would the wiring harness be the same on the sport and the truck?
Thanks in advance and I’m looking forward to seeing what this platform is capable of.

Ford F150 EcoBoost/Raptor JB4 Tuner

·
Registered
394 Posts
Even if you found a way to connect that piggyback to our ecu it would not work. The 2.7 in the f150 has different turbos, injectors and uses a different transmission. We should email burger motorsports and request support for the the fusion sport. It may be worth it for them to develop a product since it most likely be compatible with the Edge Sport/ST as well.

Worst case scenario if you want to stick to a piggyback for warranty reasons and we never get the jb4 for our car you can buy the boostmax unit.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Even if you found a way to connect that piggyback to our ecu it would not work. The 2.7 in the f150 has different turbos, injectors and uses a different transmission. We should email burger motorsports and request support for the the fusion sport. It may be worth it for them to develop a product since it most likely be compatible with the Edge Sport/ST as well.
Worst case scenario if you want to stick to a piggyback for warranty reasons and we never get the jb4 for our car you can buy the boostmax unit.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
He probably wants to avoid the warranty issue with a tune.

The 2.7 in the 15-16 F-150 does have different turbos (due to packaging) but the rest of the engine tuning is actually almost identical down to the cams/heads/valves/etc... even the turbo compressor maps are 99.9% identical as well as the VE models. The F-150 turbos are slightly different compressor speed lines, but the rest of the contour map is identical. The transmission is obviously different, but if it is a piggyback harness, I suspect all it is doing is tricking the PCM into applying more boost. I don't like these piggyback systems (played with an Power Commander for my Ducati 696 and the PC was a POS).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts