Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,

Just got my car this week and besides loving the heck out of the ride and trying to learn abiout all the toys and safety feaures I have a couple of questions about the navigatiobn system as follows:

1) Is there any setting that either changes the map color schema or increases the contrast during daytime mode or dims the nav screen when in daytime mode? (for me a blue background with white lines depicting roads is low contrast and hard to see.

2) while driving a route is it possible to have the nav's voice announce, on demand, the next guidance details vs. just waiting for when the next turns comes up? eg. "In 3 miles take exit 41 to Plainview".

I am rereading the manual but thought I'd ask here as well.

Thanks,

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll play around with it tonight and see what I come up with. I usually leave voice guidance off but you want the prompts sooner?

There seem to be limited options in settings.

Eric

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found answer to question number 2 but I have yet to try it as I am not sure which is the "Maneuver arrow icon" as detailed on the bottom of Pp 441.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although I did not see this on my Navigatoin settings screen. At about 1.26 seconds in on the video linked below, they show how to adjust the Sync3 screen brightness. I will look again to see if it is there on my unit.

How to dim the Ford Sync 3 Screen

I'll be dipped if it there as I thought I went through every possible menu item more than once.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And to follow up, one can dim the center stack display as they describe in the video, as long as you also turn off auto dim.

My issue is regardless of brightness, a light blue background with white roads is not high contrast enough for my eyes. The blue that is used for the SiriusXM background is darker and would work better IMO.

Anyways, hopefully others who visit the site may find this information helpful.

·
Registered
100 Posts
G'day,

Just got my car this week and besides loving the heck out of the ride and trying to learn abiout all the toys and safety feaures I have a couple of questions about the navigatiobn system as follows:

1) Is there any setting that either changes the map color schema or increases the contrast during daytime mode or dims the nav screen when in daytime mode? (for me a blue background with white lines depicting roads is low contrast and hard to see.

2) while driving a route is it possible to have the nav's voice announce, on demand, the next guidance details vs. just waiting for when the next turns comes up? eg. "In 3 miles take exit 41 to Plainview".

I am rereading the manual but thought I'd ask here as well.

Thanks,
For your second question:
If you have the upgraded dash, set the right display up to navigation and then you can press 'OK' on the right side of the steering wheel to repeat the direction on the right dash screen.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TYVM for this:

"For your second question:
If you have the upgraded dash (I do), set the right display up to navigation (I did that) and then you can press 'OK' on the right side of the steering wheel to repeat the direction on the right dash screen" (I will try this today).

At the bottom of page 441 in the owners manual (downloaded Acrobat document) they state "During Route Guidance, you can press the MANEUVER ARROW ICON on the map if you want the system to repeat route guidance....."

If this is correct, can someone "guide me" to the proper arrow to press? This blind man would really appreciate it.

I will try again to find it.

Thanks much,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts