Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you find the build date of the vehicle on the window sticker? The dealership provides a window sticker on line, and i was wondering if the build date can be found on it, and if so, where it would be.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Dave, that's pretty cool! Turns out it was born 1/13/2017. Don't think I didn't check to see if it was Friday the 13th!

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my eye on an Ingot Silver FS. I also really like the Magnetic color, but haven't seen one equipped the way I like it. This Ingot Silver car has what I'm looking for. I have to talk to my wife, and see if we can get over there to take a test drive. Today we have a 6-10" snowstorm in NJ, and every time that happens, it reinforces to me how silly it is to have a Mustang GT, and not a FS.

·
Registered
481 Posts
sorry if im off topic but it seems like his question was answered. Alot of people have talked about the whole "removed speed limiter" section has anyone ever seen a sport that has said anything else? like added or what not

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
29 Posts
My vehicle came up as a 2002 Ford Transit. But all of the technical specs seemed to be correct.

Also wondering about this that came back as well:

Outstanding Field Service Actions
ACCESS TO GOASIS (196)

I'd also like to read the Rescue Cards but they wouldn't download. I imagine they relate to the hybrid or the Energi models. You probably have to be careful before extracting crash victims.

·
Registered
76 Posts
LOL Yeah. I don't know why but they all seem to come up as Transits.
Yeap, the 2013 fusion titanium I had also showed up as a Transit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes - The FS I was interested in also came up as a Transit Connect, but I saw the 2.7V6T engine, and I knew it was the FS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A lot of info on the ETIS site. Just curious, what does having an account with the ETIS site give you? Regarding this message,"ACCESS TO GOASIS (196)", elsewhere I read that it means that they are doing maintenance on the site.

Ken

·
Registered
346 Posts
Trying to figure out my bill date but just got off the phone with salesman who processed my order and he acted like you didn't even know what I was talking about he said " we decided to order a car right?"... I was taken back by that and responded by saying yes we did decide to order a car and then he proceeds to tell me that the guy that tells them when orders might be ready it's supposed to be in today but he's not so I will try to call me back tomorrow ... car was ordered over 2 1/2 weeks ago would kind a like to know when I could expect it to be in ... then I will know my build date... lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is an older thread that was used last fall by folks anxiously awaiting any information about their order. Ford has a website where you can track your build- Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com. You will need the VIN, which the dealership can provide. Shipment will be by rail. Supposedly the dealer has a rail car number so you can track the progress. The rail car number is on the Visibility Report which they receive from Ford. BTW my dealer did not have the rail car number for my order but the ETA was pretty accurate.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yahoo.. My girl was born on 06/27/2016... Weeeeee

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
Trying to figure out my bill date but just got off the phone with salesman who processed my order and he acted like you didn't even know what I was talking about he said " we decided to order a car right?"... I was taken back by that and responded by saying yes we did decide to order a car and then he proceeds to tell me that the guy that tells them when orders might be ready it's supposed to be in today but he's not so I will try to call me back tomorrow ... car was ordered over 2 1/2 weeks ago would kind a like to know when I could expect it to be in ... then I will know my build date... lol
If your dealer won't give you status info, ask for your order number and their dealer number (it's also on the top of the invoice when they submitted the order). Give Ford's marketing department (you can google the number). Give them the dealer number and your order number, they will give you everything you need to know. VIN, status, estimated delivery, etc.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have my eye on an Ingot Silver FS. I also really like the Magnetic color, but haven't seen one equipped the way I like it. This Ingot Silver car has what I'm looking for. I have to talk to my wife, and see if we can get over there to take a test drive. Today we have a 6-10" snowstorm in NJ, and every time that happens, it reinforces to me how silly it is to have a Mustang GT, and not a FS.
Haha, reminds me of a month back when our neighbor's GT (beautiful blue one by the way) was stuck in it's parking spot for about a week! One morning , I wish I had a video of, he had somehow pulled it out by only made it about 1ft from the curb and then got stuck and was trying to re-park it for the next 45 mins. I think he learned his lesson! Loving this car still. 11,300 miles so far. Had a great drive up some high speed mountain passes yesterday. Nothing better than uphill acceleration!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Says the one I'm looking at buying was built on October 24, 2016. Does that mean I'm at a higher risk of the battery issue, I keep seeing people mentioning build dates of October in regards to issues with the car

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Says the one I'm looking at buying was built on October 24, 2016. Does that mean I'm at a higher risk of the battery issue, I keep seeing people mentioning build dates of October in regards to issues with the car
Its really hit or miss. There are people in pretty much all months that have had the issue, and that haven't so it may or may not be an issue.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey guys. Please see attached photo.

Scoured through this thread and didn't see an answer other than the Etis site. Anyone have an idea what date this is on the Window Sticker? Build Date, ship date, delivery date? Maybe someone who knows their official build date can plug their own VIN number into a window sticker website, and compare it with theirs.

I've seen some dates of last year, and this year, after plugging a bunch of Vin numbers into a Window Sticker lookup tool.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks like an initial start build date of Nov 28th, 2016, comparing to what's on my info sheet and the ford tracking site.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks like an initial start build date of Nov 28th, 2016, comparing to what's on my info sheet and the ford tracking site.
By tracking site you mean Window Sticker, or Etis?

·
Registered
320 Posts
By tracking site you mean Window Sticker, or Etis?
My window sticker shows "07 07 16" which appears to be the demand for build date for my car. ETIS shows that the vehicle was built officially on "16 07 16".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts