Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been considering a FS. I previously had an SHO, but it was too large for my taste so I moved to a Coyote Stang.

After that, the FS came out and it's AWD + performance seemed to fit my needs (Winter snow).

But I've been concerned regarding some of the problems I've seen reported with the car. The FS I'm looking at was just built 3 weeks ago, and will be delivered to the dealer shortly.

Are recent builds showing as many issues?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
What you have to remember is that a Forum such as ours is a "Issue Trap" for lack of a better term. Most people join forums looking for answers to issues and that gives the over all balance a skew. The major issue in my opinion was the dead battery issue which is resolved with a simple update. My car was built late Nov 16' ad it had the battery issue, from time to time the window issue but other than that she has been rock solid. Have right at 14K on her and LOVE it!

The old timers always used to say you want to buy a car built on Tuesday/Wednesday because Monday sucks and everybody is still thinking about the past weekend, Tuesday/Wednesday evrybody is focused on the task at hand, Thursday they are thinking about the coming weekend and Friday they are already mentally out the door for the weekend.

For what that is worth I personally wouldn't let it worry you.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I've been of various forums for decades, and agree with your "issue trap" assessment.

I recently experienced an early build FS at a dealer with a dead battery, must say that was an immediate turn off. Then I saw the "dead battery" thread here and was somewhat relieved that there's been a "fix." But as I said, the car I'm now looking at was built within the last month, so would I be correct in guessing Ford has applied the fix to newer builds?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok, thanks. I've been of various forums for decades, and agree with your "issue trap" assessment.

I recently experienced an early build FS at a dealer with a dead battery, must say that was an immediate turn off. Then I saw the "dead battery" thread here and was somewhat relieved that there's been a "fix." But as I said, the car I'm now looking at was built within the last month, so would I be correct in guessing Ford has applied the fix to newer builds?
Perhaps, but that is no guarantee AFAIK. The dead battery can be fixed with SSM 46433, which takes 15 minutes to do. It never hurts to ask if they can check, or simply just apply it.

For major issues like oil leakage, I would say there is a much higher chance those fixes have been performed. For example, if they found it was the wrong o-ring used on the pistons on the cars built from XX-XX-XXX to YY-YY-YYY, then you can bet cars built after that date have that problem resolved.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps, but that is no guarantee AFAIK. The dead battery can be fixed with SSM 46433, which takes 15 minutes to do. It never hurts to ask if they can check, or simply just apply it.

For major issues like oil leakage, I would say there is a much higher chance those fixes have been performed. For example, if they found it was the wrong o-ring used on the pistons on the cars built from XX-XX-XXX to YY-YY-YYY, then you can bet cars built after that date have that problem resolved.
I looked up SSM 46433, and it pertains to vehicles built on or before 23-Dec-2016. The car I'm considering was just built a few weeks ago, so no issues there.

Is there a TSB for the oil leaks?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I looked up SSM 46433, and it pertains to vehicles built on or before 23-Dec-2016. The car I'm considering was just built a few weeks ago, so no issues there.

Is there a TSB for the oil leaks?
Its not an oil leak its oil consumption and the TSB is 17-007 which affected build dates from April 16 - Oct 16. The issue is within the cylinder head and value guides and seals. My car unfortunately suffered from it and even though I recently got it repaired, Im still dealing with Ford on compensation.
The build date you're looking at should be good to go from all issues the first year had. The Sport is great car for family, speed and looks.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Knightfall is correct on the ring issue which is the result of TSB 17-007. If a large amount oil seeped into the cylinder on the comp stroke, it could result in the land rings being damaged which TSB 17-027 is for which includes motor replacement.
As I mentioned earlier, you shouldn't have any worries other than any new vehicle you buy. I think your biggest worry will be door dings and paint chips.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Vert and everyone, your help has been greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ford Guy....

Let me add my $0.02 if I may. I've owned by FFS since February, it has a built date of last summer. I'm right at 6,000 miles now.

The only "problem" I've encountered is the no traffic on the Sync 3 display. However, I've begin to question my own assessment of whether or not there is a problem. I've been trying to compare it to Google Maps, which as I understand it gets it's traffic info derived from the speed / position of cell phone pings and is very close to real time. The Sync 3 traffic is a function of the Sirius subscription and I'm not sure where that traffic info comes from. A few weeks ago I was in Atlanta and had a full traffic display as well as a warning for an accident / traffic back up on I-75 South.

For me...probably the most annoying thing I've encountered (which no one else seems to complain about) is the approx. 10 sec. delay for the a/c to ramp up to full blast when the car is started. When it's mid 90's and the inside of the car is over 100, that 10 seconds in a sauna.

But...I definitely would buy the car again. It's a blast to drive and is a great compromise (for me) between a roomy sedan and a mid-life crisis (or slightly later....) machine.

Just my input...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input guys. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Quick Update

Following the tracking site, the car was supposed to be delivered the last week in June (before the July 5th rebates ended).

As the date of delivery approached with 4 days to go, the date changed and it was extended to July 3rd.

On July 3rd, the website showed "0" days in transit but still not "delivered." I called the dealer yesterday (July 5th) and they said they have no idea where the car is.

So today is July 6th and the previous rebates have expired, with the new rebates posted by Ford revealing I've lost the $1,350 in Bonus Customer Cash.

At this point, I've lost interest (not to mention a big chunk of rebates).

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's no way they couldn't lose the sale over that.

$1,350.00 gone, literally overnight.

The constantly changing delivery dates, coupled with corporate dropping 1/3 of their incentives ... cost Ford a sale.

Thanks for everyone's help anyways, but the low mileage S550 GT Premium stays where it is.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
There's no way they couldn't lose the sale over that.

$1,350.00 gone, literally overnight.

The constantly changing delivery dates, coupled with corporate dropping 1/3 of their incentives ... cost Ford a sale.

Thanks for everyone's help anyways, but the low mileage S550 GT Premium stays where it is.
Just supercharge stang and you'll be happy for a few more years. Im still kicking myself for trading my 14.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm saying the dealer will make it up somehow if you talk to them. It doesn't really sound like you want to make the move anyway so it's a moot point.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
So today is July 6th and the previous rebates have expired, with the new rebates posted by Ford revealing I've lost the $1,350 in Bonus Customer Cash.
At this point, I've lost interest (not to mention a big chunk of rebates).
Did you put down a deposit? They should still honor it because you acted before the rebate expired... I agree, just talk to them, there's no way they're going to want to lose a sale over that.

Ford had 0.9% financing when I placed my order, and for some reason took it away for a month having 1.9% financing the month I picked up my Sport - the dealer and Ford honored the 0.9% because we started the sale before the date.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts