Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any links for break upgrades? Pads? Brake kits? Better fluid? Only if your 100% sure it's compatible with our 2017 Ford Fusion sports... more power is no good if you can't stop... thanks guys

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haven't run my car hard enough to find the limits of Sport's brakes. The larger setup they use has performed well enough for me, and based on instrumented tests by car mags, it seems that tires have far more to do with actually getting these cars stopped in typical driving.

Now if you're autocrossing or running it on a speedway, then some upgrades may be in order, but it's not like you can go much bigger. Perhaps switching to another pad compound would make sense - not sure if anyone is producing them yet?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't run my car hard enough to find the limits of Sport's brakes. The larger setup they use has performed well enough for me, and based on instrumented tests by car mags, it seems that tires have far more to do with actually getting these cars stopped in typical driving.

Now if you're autocrossing or running it on a speedway, then some upgrades may be in order, but it's not like you can go much bigger. Perhaps switching to another pad compound would make sense - not sure if anyone is producing them yet?
I agree that I will see on improvement based on upgraded pads upgraded fluid and upgraded tires. I am planning on doing a road rally early next year and late next year possibly even late this year in August... mostly Ferraris Lamborghinis another high-performance cars I don't want to get into a situation where I am on able to stop as fast... not saying that there's anything I could do to stop as fast as a Porsche or Ferrari but I would like to take as many feet off my braking distance as possible in case I'm in a situation where I need to stop faster than stock brakes will let me and also if I'm driving on the highway for hours I don't want any situation of fade... they usually don't go too crazy as far as speeds go on the highway but I have been in situations on rallies where brakes are very important and can be the difference between a good day and a bad day... any links people can share that will bring me to upgraded pads, fluid, or tires would be a big help... I assume they're probably won't be a brake kit and even if the resident won't be for a long time so any point in the right direction would be appreciated thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts