Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I dont know but holy **** do these brakes squeal when sitting in the rain for a night and then backing up.
Yes they do. Rotor rusts up easy.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Had this happen once, was just rear passenger side brake. Was so loud it actually freaked me out, thought something seriously terrible happened. And only in reverse. I've heard alot of squeaky brakes in my day, but this was significantly louder and more obnoxious than any brake I'd ever heard. Car was even parked in the garage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rear rotors AREN'T vented...

I haven't seen specs listed anywhere, but I was disappointed to discover the rear ROTORS aren't vented. Several online reviews explicitly mentioned the up-sized front and rear VENTED rotors, compared to the "tamer" Fusions.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I haven't seen specs listed anywhere, but I was disappointed to discover the rear ROTORS aren't vented. Several online reviews explicitly mentioned the up-sized front and rear VENTED rotors, compared to the "tamer" Fusions.
I am not surprised .. Ford had too give up some things to keep the price as low as possible..

The brakes on this car are extremely strong but only when you press them in aggressively. They are tunes more for casual braking thats why folks call them soft or spongy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm with . I contacted MGP and they said that they are working it. The problem is the larger front brakes. If you notice the cylinder is very close to the wheel spokes. I don't think there is enough room to put a cover over the cylinder without it touching the spokes. The rear brakes have plenty of room. MGP said they would contact me if a cover becomes available.

Reactions: jay_kay_86
1 - 8 of 8 Posts