Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Ford Fusion Sport with 32K miles. The brakes pads are getting thin. It is probably time to replace the pads. Is it a good idea to replace the rotors also? I know that Motorcraft/Ford does not make their own brakes and rotors. Does anyone know what brand of brakes and what brand of rotors are put on a 2019 Ford Fusion Sport at the factory? I am happy with stock brakes as there is very little dust and the brakes seem to stop well.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
By some carbon ceramic pads and good rotors, don't have to be drilled or slotted, just good quality parts. Carquest has good rotors, buy the painted ones and you'll be good.

Reactions: Kokes

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a 2019 Ford Fusion Sport with 32K miles. The brakes pads are getting thin. It is probably time to replace the pads. Is it a good idea to replace the rotors also? I know that Motorcraft/Ford does not make their own brakes and rotors. Does anyone know what brand of brakes and what brand of rotors are put on a 2019 Ford Fusion Sport at the factory? I am happy with stock brakes as there is very little dust and the brakes seem to stop well.
Hi roadman. The factory brake pads/rotors are Motorcraft brand. Yes, Ford does not manufacture them, but they are Motorcraft brand. I am not sure who makes them for Ford.

Good luck.

Reactions: Kokes

·
Registered
24 Posts
OP, I have not had to do a replacement on this Fusion yet. If you are looking for a street use pad, I have always had good luck and service from Raybestos products on my Fords. Every time I go in another direction, I keep coming back to them. In over 40 years they have yet to let me down.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can always ask the local Ford dealership to look up the parts for you and get a quote on the prices

I just did this recently, and went with the Powerstop Z17's. Not drilled/slotted, but are a step up from OEM - and it was actually cheaper than my local Ford OEM brake quote from the dealer!

·
Registered
2019 Fusion Sport
4 Posts
You can always ask the local Ford dealership to look up the parts for you and get a quote on the prices

I just did this recently, and went with the Powerstop Z17's. Not drilled/slotted, but are a step up from OEM - and it was actually cheaper than my local Ford OEM brake quote from the dealer!
How is the bite ? Did you bed the brakes after installing ?

·
Registered
936 Posts
What size socket do I need for the lugnuts? From my research I need a 21mm 6point socket...correct?
Hi roadman. The MKZ 3.0T uses a 21mm lug-wrench. I would assume the Fusion Sport uses the same 21mm size.
EDIT- Yes it is, see here: Lug Nuts 101 for newbies

And the Fusion Sport torque specification is 150 lb-ft.

Good luck.

Reactions: maydk65

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Yeah, I've had to bust out a 22mm, once I have them off, they go in the trash. Same way with the 19mm ones that take a 20mm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Personally, first thing I do with any vehicle I own is to get rid of the capped nuts. I either use McGard or Gorilla. In the case of my 928 and GT350 titanium.
Years ago, growing up in the Cleveland area, winter road salt would make short work of the factory nuts. And, this applies to most OEMs, not just Ford.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts