Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
He had some things come up and hasn't gotten the Sport in the shop yet. Hopefully next week he will be able to.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I talked with him today and he's thinking 2020 Q1 for the release. He's using his Dads Sport for the test fitting.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well count me as another customer for my MKZ. Sounds like another project to add to my list. Among others is an RX Catch can and my Front intercooler.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Any news about this upgrade?

It seems to take a very long time to develop these custom parts.
He just got the Fusion sport on the shop to measure the front bushings. Those will need to be made and the rears are already available since they are the same as the Focus.

It's a small shop, so R&D needs to be done between paying the bills.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'd say the rears cause the most issues for some reason. I believe the Cobalt SS Turbo uses the same style and size rear bushings, and everyone that had the 08-10 model had abnormal rear pad wear. GM neglected to lubricate the slide pins, and some felt the Ferrodo compound was too aggressive. I switched to Hawk HPS for the rear and lubricated the pins with silicone grease, after 8k miles the rotors looked new and not chewed up like the rear rotors on my Fusion Sport (common for rear rotors to be chewed up on 08-10 Cobalt SS from the factory after 10k miles).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good news.
What is the best way for ordering the rear bushings?
Rear brakes is one of the main issue with this car.
My brand new EBC pads are waiting for the bushings since several months!

·
Registered
17 Posts
He just got the Fusion sport on the shop to measure the front bushings. Those will need to be made and the rears are already available since they are the same as the Focus.

It's a small shop, so R&D needs to be done between paying the bills.

Arthur, somehow I missed the part where we can already order the rears. While looking at their page I see they have two options available for the Focus; red painted calipers and standard non-painted. Their site says that the sizes vary, based on the choice, so which do we go with? The non-painted/traditional version?

Focus Bushings

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Arthur, somehow I missed the part where we can already order the rears. While looking at their page I see they have two options available for the Focus; red painted calipers and standard non-painted. Their site says that the sizes vary, based on the choice, so which do we go with? The non-painted/traditional version?

Focus Bushings
I'm not certain, give him a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I already received the rear brakes bushing but now I am needing the front ones.
Arthur, do you have any news about the status of this project?
Thanks.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts