Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our front and rear brake calipers don't have the normal bushing setup, we have rubber bushings that let the brake caliper deflect and cause odd pad wear. I've messaged Damond Motorsports and they would willing to make the brass bushing kit for our calipers if they can get 10 orders. Most of the kits cost $75 one set of bushings and $140, our front kits would be a little bit higher due to needing more material for the larger bushings and smaller batch size. The rear kit might be the same as the Focus ST but he hasn't confirmed it yet.

The attached picture shows the odd rear pad wear that occurred with the factory bushings. Look at the air gaps at top and bottom of the pads. The pads should be in full contact, but the rubber bushings let the pads rock and wear in a curve instead of flat against the rotor. The rubber bushings might explain why some people have more issues with "warped" rotors or pad material transfer due to higher then designed brake pad temps since only part of the pad is contacting the rotor instead of the entire surface.

This is an install on a focus st, it should be the same for us.
https://www.focusst.org/threads/damond-motorsports-caliper-bushings.149333/

Who's in for a front and rear kit?
1 ArthurUSCG - James A
2 Don K -FB
3 Martin P -FB
4 David W -FB
5 William D -FB
6 Jason R -FB
7 Jesse H -FB
8 DAS - Dave S. -fusionsportforums
9 myfuseks - fusionsportforums
10 robhp - fusionsportforums

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Very cool!

I think my 2009 Cobalt SS used that style of bushings for the rear calipers. It was the first time I saw that style of caliper slide pin. GM didn't lubricate the slide pins, and there were issues with the Brembo/Ferrodo pads chewing up the rotors. As a matter of fact, my Fusion Sport and my dad's Fusion Sport both have grooves on the rear rotors (same problem scenario as the Cobalt SS Turbo if I hadn't changed the pads and/or lubed the pins).

I looked at RockAuto and apparently the Cobalt SS FE5 rear brake caliper bushings are the same as the Fusion Sport front caliper bushings (AC Delco 18K1447). My Cobalt SS doesn't have any problems with the rear pads/rotors once I changed out the pads and lubed the pins the day I got the car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm interested in the group buy...

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wonder if this would fix the front end brake noise I get over bumps? Or make it worse?
Dealer tried adjusting some things with the caliper brackets and improved it, but once in a while I still get a squeak or two. Tried to upload a video but now I'm not hearing it as loudly, probably need to wear headphones. https://vimeo.com/357005547

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, we got the 10 people needed, I'll let Damind Motorsports know

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Find out if is going to be a one-time run I'd like to get them at some point but hear feedback about them first.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do, hopefully they will be a normal inventory part.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very cool!

I think my 2009 Cobalt SS used that style of bushings for the rear calipers. It was the first time I saw that style of caliper slide pin. GM didn't lubricate the slide pins, and there were issues with the Brembo/Ferrodo pads chewing up the rotors. As a matter of fact, my Fusion Sport and my dad's Fusion Sport both have grooves on the rear rotors (same problem scenario as the Cobalt SS Turbo if I hadn't changed the pads and/or lubed the pins).

I looked at RockAuto and apparently the Cobalt SS FE5 rear brake caliper bushings are the same as the Fusion Sport front caliper bushings (AC Delco 18K1447). My Cobalt SS doesn't have any problems with the rear pads/rotors once I changed out the pads and lubed the pins the day I got the car.
I signed up for the bushings as my rear rotors have been grooved pretty much since I got the car. I didn’t have any of these issues with my old cobalt however if I didn’t lube the rear slide pins about every 3-4K miles the brakes didn’t work well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where is the signed in for the rear brake bushings order?
I have a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport and feel the rear brakes very weak.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where is the signed in for the rear brake bushings order?
I have a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport and feel the rear brakes very weak.
I can add you to the list and post after I talk with damond Motorsports

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes Arthur, please add me to the list.
I will take the Front+Rear kits if the price is similar as the one on their website.
Plastic parts for the braking system is a really bad idea.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's going to get a FS in the shop next week and start development.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Please add me to the list as well.
Full set.
Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
He's going to get a FS in the shop next week and start development.

Did they give you any estimated time frame from prototype to delivery of the product? I'm just curious...I am have 4 new disc's and pads to install and and I rather do everything in one shot than half work now and then finish later.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did they give you any estimated time frame from prototype to delivery of the product? I'm just curious...I am have 4 new disc's and pads to install and and I rather do everything in one shot than half work now and then finish later.
No he didn't. I'll try to check on Monday.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Would these bushings be the reason when you brake hard at 100+ you get a shaking in the steering wheel?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts