Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Brake Boost

5K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  MY27FUSION 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone knows how the car decides what RPM to hold? Stock tune, only a DV+ installed, Sport Mode, Traction Control Off. Sometimes I get 2400 RPM sometimes I get 2100 RPM, is this coolant temp based? ie the warmer the coolant the more RPM the car will let you have? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
It's more about how long, if you do your own tuning there are tables you can adjust for it. I think I bumped mine up to 60 seconds not that I,m gonna sit there brake boosting for that long. On top of I don't do it enough to worry about it, it's rather hard on the drivetrain.

Reactions: anotherfusion
#4 ·
Usually when DIY tuners find out something like this and post about it, next thing you know many of these tuners all start advertising it as a feature. Haha.

I found my Fusion just holds it around 2500 RPM no matter how much throttle I give it with the brakes firmly holding the vehicle.

#5 ·
I brake boost a lot during racing season and on top of getting better at the whole staging and launch procedure over time, I’ve noticed that my car seems to “figure out” what I’m doing and allows a longer dwell on boost than normal.

#14 ·
Unleashed messing with that yet? Would love to have it lengthened. I don't bother brake boosting on the street, as it is to much of a PIA
to coordinate with a traffic light. Would like it 10 seconds even, without it doing whatever it does normally, to thwart you.

#7 ·
When I brake boost for more than 2 seconds I feel like the safety nannies kick in somehow and restrict the power. The car bogs off the line and I get a terrible launch. Also when I roll into the throttle instead of just smashing the gas pedal it feels quicker off the line also

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Stock its set at .90 seconds. That means you stand on the brake n gas at the same time it will only go for that long before it closes. I set mine at 60 seconds, works a lot better.

#16 ·
It,s not supported on all models though, Guy at work with the 16 Fusion 2.0 doesnt have it in the tables.

#23 ·
If Torrie is using SCT it was probably available a long time ago, maybe as early as 2016. For HPTuners they had only defined that parameter maybe 1 year or so. It wasn't until mid to late 2018 when HPTuners unlocked the bulk of the parameters for the Fusion Sport strategy.

#27 ·
Well, I tell you that when I brake boosted at the track, I was on the throttle from the first yellow until green. Not sure how many seconds that is, but I had no issues. I have a Torrie 93 tune.

Reactions: Engineer
#28 ·
I am able to do the same with my LMS tune.

#29 ·
A Sportsman class Full Tree will have a total of 1.5 seconds from staged to green. .500 delay between lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.