Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
Well I'm looking for a BOV... and I was curious if anyone has had any experience with them. All I have found that is specific for the car is a boomba VTA plate.... my understanding is this uses the stock relief valve and just vents it to the air.... my issue with this is that the car uses the ECU or PCM to determine when to open the valve.... with that being said has anyone been successful with a mechanical valve? and how would you bypass the electronic sensors and stuff??? Fusion guys!! go!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've used the TurboSmart BOV's in the past and they work great!

You can use them on the fusuon, you just need to tap a vacuum line to let the BOV know when to vent. A member here has one and he said it works great. No check engine light or anything like that.

I had a Boomba plate as well and I'm swapping it out for a TurboSmart. It likes to stay open longer than I'm comfortable with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used the TurboSmart BOV's in the past and they work great!

You can use them on the fusuon, you just need to tap a vacuum line to let the BOV know when to vent. A member here has one and he said it works great. No check engine light or anything like that.

I had a Boomba plate as well and I'm swapping it out for a TurboSmart. It likes to stay open longer than I'm comfortable with.

this is good info, would you mind maybe linking the turbo smart BOV your using.. also where does it go? and what did you do with your stock BOV?

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Steeda, Boomba and Torque solutions have them and they use stock valve. The Torque Solution model for the 2.3L Mustang fits and can be had for $35 off Ebay.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thats not the boomba plate keeping it open, thats just the stock bov. The boomba is just an adapter that directs air to the atmosphere instead of the intake tube. The amount of air and time open is entirely controlled by the factory BOV.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thats not the boomba plate keeping it open, thats just the stock bov. The boomba is just an adapter that directs air to the atmosphere instead of the intake tube. The amount of air and time open is entirely controlled by the factory BOV.
I know :) lol. Thats why I want the Turbosmart BOV

The fly by wire nonsense is annoying

·
Registered
152 Posts
What size hex do I need to remove it?
The stock unit? You need an E7 External Torx socket to get it off IIRC. IF you happen to do what I did, and drop that socket into the engine bay, never to be seen again.... an E8 will also do the job lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
I mean, I'm sure there are reasons why the car is doing what it's doing, venting under partial throttle and such, but if I had to guess, it's probably more for emissions or fuel economy related reasons than performance.

In a perfect world, an electronic BOV/BPV might work better, but our stocker isn't it. A mechanical unit will open and close exactly when it's supposed to (throttle opened or closed) without the computer trying to guess what we want.

edit: That makes me wonder if tuners have control of that function? If they can adjust when the BPV opens/closes that would be awesome

1 - 17 of 17 Posts