Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back at the beginning of May I got the BOV matt_m was selling and installed it on the car. While I never really heard it vent much under normal daily use, radio on, normal driving I could hear it when I would romp on the throttle. I waited quietly for my bride to come in and tell me the car was making a funny noise but she hadn't really noticed it much. While I was doing my Factory Airbox/Steeda CAI testing I noticed I could hear it more often but my wife still hadn't noticed it. Several people had been posting about the BOV sticking but I had never heard this happen.

With the sale Torrie had/has going I went ahead and grabbed the SCT X4 w/3 tunes as this is what is coming next after my next dyno test. So just to see what the tune was like I installed the 93 octane tune. While I haven't really run it hard I can tell already how the tune has stirred the beast and how quick the car wants to go by the way it pulls. After the install I found I hear the BOV more often now. The other day we were riding in the car radio off, talking and I had just shot the juice to it to get around another car and when I let off the look on my wife's face was priceless. What was that? What? That noise? What niose? That phhhhhffffff noise, do we have a leak? LOL nope it's the BOV. The What? The BOV followed by about 5 minutes of explanation and answering questions.

Since the tune it goes off quite a bit and I am assuming that this is a combination of my foot and the advanced turbo curves. With that said we were coming back from dinner the other evening and I again shot the juice to it to get around a car but this time instead of letting almost completely I just let off about 1/3 throttle and the BOV went off and off and off and my wife asked ummmm is it stuck? Can't be never stuck before so we rode around for a while playing make the BOV vent.

In my opinion the BOV isn't actually sticking at all. It's trying to vent like it is designed but if you get the turbos spooled up making boost with the tune and you back off the throttle just right you get the BOV venting and the turbos making enough boost vs throttle position that the MAP sensor signals for a vent. If you hit that sweet spot you can vent for what seems like for ever. Backing off the throttle a little more or increasing throttle results in the BOV closing and normal operation. This NEVER happened to me before I put the tune in. Do I think this is an issue? no not really again you have to hit that sweet spot for it to happen.

On a side note today I pulled up to a light and as I stop I hear ppphhhhhfffff, and then pphhhffffff again. I'm like WTH I'm sitting still. As I look around I realize it's my wife imitating the BOV. That in itself was worth the price I paid for it. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also noticed them WAY more often right after after the tune. Its great.

Cheers to your wife, sometimes when I am excited I imitate them too.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yep its normal with a tune and that's why a few don't like VTA since it goes off for so long.
Which BOV did you get or are you just talking the adapter from torque solutions?

·
Registered
481 Posts
love the post oreo! Funny you mention hearing it more ive heard the opposite experience with the livernois tune. Seems the cae takes a bit more to spool and needs more throttle to be able to hear the the BOV

·
Registered
552 Posts
OREO, that may be the best story I've ever read on a Forum. Thanks for the entertainment as well as the information. I'm still laughing...

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep its normal with a tune and that's why a few don't like VTA since it goes off for so long.
Which BOV did you get or are you just talking the adapter from torque solutions?
Torque Solutions Adapter.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yup, happens all the time now. With the tune, im actually hearing the BOV go off between hard shifts and wot.

·
Registered
451 Posts
nope it's the BOV. The What? The BOV followed by about 5 minutes of explanation and answering questions.
Doghouse.. Refund.. Anything else? :p

Reactions: Oreo and Vert

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me in the dog house? ppphhhhhfffff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts