Discussion Starter #1
I'm not missing this wagon! So, here are all my mods so far:

BOV hose delete.
Found out my car doesn't have Sync connect :crying:
Changed the ambient lighting to red :x
Changed the ambient lighting to blue :cool:
Set the stereo to surround :D
Looked at it. A lot. :nerd:

That's it. I'll try to get some pics up of that extensive mod list.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Im personally ok with not have Sync Connect, something about my car have a public IP address on the internet scares me.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im personally ok with not have Sync Connect, something about my car have a public IP address on the internet scares me.
But what if you want to start your car from China?

Geeze, some people just don't think things through... :p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What does removing the BOV hose do?
Vents to Atmosphere (VTA) if its the recirc hose

hows it sound.. need a sound clip BOT_ROCKET

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ask and ye shall receive. Not the best sound quality, and I have since figured out how to make it sound even better by using the paddles.

I also got my AFE filter today. I took it for a test drive, and WOW< it was a total fugging dog.... ran like pure trash. On a totally unrelated note, may notice in the second pic that I didn't plug the temp sensor in before taking the picture. Totally not related to why it ran like crap, I'm sure.... :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive. Not the best sound quality, and I have since figured out how to make it sound even better by using the paddles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpCqyLQAVX8

I also got my AFE filter today. I took it for a test drive, and WOW< it was a total fugging dog.... ran like pure trash. On a totally unrelated note, may notice in the second pic that I didn't plug the temp sensor in before taking the picture. Totally not related to why it ran like crap, I'm sure.... :eek:

Thank you Sir... Pppssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... I love it

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah! Thanks. I read it differently. If he said I forgot to plug in the air sensor before the ride (not picture) I would have got it. Hard day at work. LOL
My engrish not so gud. :( Sry 4 confrushin. ;)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I need your help. I'm trying to decide where to put my recip saw to work. Muffler delete or resonator delete? I'm leaning toward muffler since it is free and easy to test for sound. If I like the no muffler sound, I can cheaply and easily run pipes out the back, or replace with louder mufflers fairly cheaply if it's too loud. I already have a new thrush welded muffler laying around, so I would just need another one if I wanted to try that.

OTOH, putting an X-pipe in place of the resonator might make for a pretty cool sound as well.

What say you? Maybe say fuggit and do both?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm... i didn't even think about an x pipe. Fuggit. Go piece by piece and upload sound clips.
Good idea.

It IS normal to start destroying a $40k car with a hacksaw in the first month of ownership right? Does it still count if the car belongs to a leasing company?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good idea.

It IS normal to start destroying a $40k car with a hacksaw in the first month of ownership right? Does it still count if the car belongs to a leasing company?
Haha... I've asked myself that daily... I'm really trying to get a nicer exterior sound. I want to avoid that raspy V6 (similar to the GTP I had). I'd like to keep a lower rumble town... please note that I know I'll NEVER get a V8 sound... I just want it to be tasteful.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When is the Ecoboost inline 6 gonna make it to market so we can get some decent sounds. I cant think of a V6 i really like the sound of, but i like a lot if i6s.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm not trying to compare these two cars really but this is a 2.9 twin turbo V6... Would be wonderful to get the Sport sound anywhere close. The intro is a little long but it's a nice build up to the sound of the car. I could listen to this on repeat all day...

·
Registered
529 Posts
I could listen to this on repeat all day...
That's nice... I just wonder how much of that is sound generated and cleaned up for purposes of the video. I bet it sounds good in person, just curious. Regardless, I wouldn't mind listening to that daily.

·
Registered
491 Posts
There are a lot of videos out there now to hear the sound. On non professional media, it does sound more raspy but still sooo good!

When this first started coming up i was hoping for a 60k car but it is looking more like it will be closer to 90k once it hits the states. Just a bit out of reach for now... :crying:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts