Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a borescope as a Christmas gift and used it to snap some pics of intake valves and pulled one plug to look inside a cylinder at the piston. There’s not quite 20k miles on the engine with most of that being on an Unleashed E30 tune. I also installed an Rx catch can pretty early on. I’ve ran through a can of CRC GDI/IVD every 5k miles while I’m changing the oil. It seems cleaner than I expected unless someone else has some insight.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
You can still read the ID number on the piston so id think that is pretty clean haha. A little gunk on the valve but nothing crazy. Interesting pics, thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What does running the CRC cleaner do for the valves? i thought these were direct injection so no fuel is sprayed over the valves. The only way to clean them is to pull the heads, or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The CRC Turbo/GDI cleaner is made to spray into the TB while the car is running so it washes over the valves to dissolve carbon. Read up on it before you try it as there is information saying not to use the product in Ecoboost engines and people who say it works well.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
There have been reports of damage caused by the CRC cleaner. Something about breaking loose deposits and those deposits hitting hot turbo/engine components and breaking stuff.
As for the pistons being that clean, the use of E85 mixes might contribute to that.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
E85 mixes? I thought that Ford does not allow E85 (85% ethanol) for this engine.
Could you explain?
The OP is running an E30 tune, which can run 30% ethanol. It's widely known by now that forced induction engines react favorably to running a mix of E85. On GTDI it is more noticeable due to evaporative charge cooling.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And if you're not familiar with the “E85 mixes” idea... most people “splash mix” the right ratios of regular pump gas with E85 straight from the pump into the tank to achieve the right % of ethanol. To do it properly you have to use a test kit to check how much ethanol is actually in the E85 and regular gas your filling station is selling.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Does meth slowly clean the valves for cars the spray have build up?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts