Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boomba racing just released their BOV Adapter for our cars! I just finished ordering mine. Someone in one of the Facebook fusion groups posted a video with one installed. So I inquired with boomba about it a few days ago and sure enough they told me that it would be released today. Is anyone else going to order one?

I feel like we are going to start seeing some substantial aftermarket support for these cars soon! I'm excited!! :D

Link for the adapter:

Fusion Sport EcoBoost 2.7 Blow Off Valve [BOV] Adapter - Boomba Racing, Inc.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That looks like an awesome option. Think I might order one myself.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Does it make the blowoff valve noise louder? What are the gains for this? I know that there aren't any necessary performance gains but is it just a looks thing or is it legitimately louder blowoff noise?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does it make the blowoff valve noise louder? What are the gains for this? I know that there aren't any necessary performance gains but is it just a looks thing or is it legitimately louder blowoff noise?
Absolutely ZERO performance gains. It's purely for sound (and looks I suppose).

It will make it much louder than stock

edit: Thanks OP. Just ordered one. Not entirely sure if I'll keep it, but the price is low enough that I'll give it a shot :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Those wonderful blowoff noises at the end of their install video put a big dumb smile on my face so I guess that means I'll probably end up ordering one...

Reactions: MattQ

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup its strictly for sound purposes. I believe the factory system reroutes the air elsewhere so you never hear it when the throttle body closes. The adapter just allows it to vent into the outside air so you can hear that distinctive sound.

I could be wrong about where and how Ford decided to channel the air for I have not really looked around underneath the hood to see what Ford has going on.

·
Registered
278 Posts
As long as it doesn't have any performance value, don't need the blow off sounds, my exhaust system is good enough for me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
In stock form yes, the air is directed back to the intake.
Normally a valve is actuated by vacuum, with all the wires going to is nowadays, not sure on the Sport.
The valve with the Boomba adaptor should be closed and not suck in dirt during normal driving.
We use to refer to them as "rice valves"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you think there would be advantages with this compared to the VTA mod that we have going in other threads?
Besides looking a little nicer under the hood at a car show or something, absolutely no advantage.

Well... the sound might be slightly different due to the shape of the outlet, but probably not by much.

The stock system uses a bypass valve (which, like you said, pumps the pressurized air back into the intake). This piece just has a hole in it so that when that valve opens to allow the unused air back in the intake, it just blows it out into the atmosphere/engine compartment :)

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Found THIS article this morning.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ordered! lol

This must change the sound characteristic a lot because of the much smaller opening for venting the air.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Could somebody please post the links for not only the adapter but the blowoff valve that you would buy to go with the adapter. I'm guessing that there's a specific one correct?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Could somebody please post the links for not only the adapter but the blowoff valve that you would buy to go with the adapter. I'm guessing that there's a specific one correct?
It looks like (according to the photos on the Boomba site) that you take off 4 bolts on your factory BOV and put this BOV in line. It looks like its more of a BOV spacer with a big hole in it (of that makes sense)

·
Registered
481 Posts
i want this so bad lol however im concerned that the air now being vented to the atmosphere instead of back through the engine will mess up the tune

·
Registered
140 Posts
i want this so bad lol however im concerned that the air now being vented to the atmosphere instead of back through the engine will mess up the tune
You'll be fine :)

PLENTY of people are running BOV's on ecoboost engines (which all use BPV's, as far as I know) without any issues. If the car used a MAF, you'd have problems, but our cars use a map sensor (and IAT/etc to measure the air density)

·
Registered
481 Posts
You'll be fine :)

PLENTY of people are running BOV's on ecoboost engines (which all use BPV's, as far as I know) without any issues. If the car used a MAF, you'd have problems, but our cars use a map sensor (and IAT/etc to measure the air density)
this is what i wanted to hear :D ty!

Reactions: qwerty3089
1 - 20 of 84 Posts