Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if I take the positive approach, it seems the plastic body piece on the trunk just under the Ford emblem acts like a bit of a thermometer for me.

We got our first cold day a couple days ago (-33) raw temperature in my driveway. The piece curls away from the body by the brake light on the driver side and sticks out. When I put the car in underground parking, the piece goes back in after it warms up.

I had it in for an oil change, showed it to them and they've ordered a new "piece".

Has anyone else who lives in a cold climate noticed this? I've attached a picture.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
ok! how much starter fluid do you have to add to get it to start in minus 33? Lived in Billings in early 70's and it actually took starter fluid to get the car running each morning. Do any plastic panels become brittle? A guy I knew put his Corvette up when it got below 0 and was afraid it would crack. Is the adhesive cracking? Maybe a flexible adhesive would work. When we moved out, it was -33 during the day and I put so much starter fluid in the car, the neighbor thought i'd blow it up. It started and we were gone. cockerdogs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cockerdogs:

At minus 33, the car seems to start fine even without using the block heater! Me on the other hand, I don't start so well at minus 33 and could probably use some starter fluid myself. Walking out the door the first day of the year it's like that is kinda like getting hit in the face with a baseball. Your head snaps back, your eyes water, your nose feels like it's gonna fall off and you use some language that's even questionable for a locker room.

As for the adhesive, I'm going to ask the dealer what they'll be using. They're supposed to give me a call later this week once to part comes in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts