Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I guess I look at it in the point that sometime in the future, I may get rid of the car. Easier to sell if modifications made by me are reversible for the new owner. I have held on to all my original parts that I have removed, just in case.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Ford Fusion Sport
73 Posts
So a wheel with a +40mm offset will give you the same effect?
Esentially yes, sticking with the same wheel specs as stock, a +40 offset would sit just about the same place as the OEM w/ 20mm spacers.

From: OEM: 235/45R19 +55 Offset w/ .75 inch spacer (20mm is .78 inches)
To: 235/45R19 +40 Offset

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Loaded Torrie's E30 Tune for the first time today. Took if for a spin and did a couple of datalogs to send to back to Torrie.
Will drive it through this tank of fuel and see what I think. My local track as a street car TNT next weekend, so I will try to get over there and see what I have.

Still impressed with the UP FMIC. Today, the ambient was 95 and humidity was 55%. My IAT2 was 105 when rolling at hwy speed.

As I am typing this, Torrie just sent me and update file. I only sent him the datalog 10 minutes ago. That man is awesome!!.

Reactions: Vidmo

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Well, still waiting on having my Meth Kit installed. I can't find anyone local to do it, so I am probably going to have to go to the Dallas area to find someone to do it. Would do it myself if I had a garage to work in.

Saw in several posts that getting our Shocks & Struts seem to be an issue as for availability. I am now at 46K miles, so I went ahead and ordered a full set from TASCA as I intend on installing at 50K. Don't want to get to the time to do it then have to wait 2 months for them. The full set was $813.00 plus tax & shipping.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Shocks and Struts shipped today from Rhode Island. So, 24 days from ordering to shipping. Should arrive Saturday.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
213 Posts
Shocks and Struts shipped today from Rhode Island. So, 24 days from ordering to shipping. Should arrive Saturday.
I really need to do that as well. Already have the new springs.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Man I'd totally do your meth install with you. I did mine alone and it's held up perfect. I upgraded the res to the bigger one recently. I routed the braided line through the trunk under the car following the fuel lines to the engine bay.
Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar Motorcycle Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Man I'd totally do your meth install with you. I did mine alone and it's held up perfect. I upgraded the res to the bigger one recently. I routed the braided line through the trunk under the car following the fuel lines to the engine bay.
View attachment 28436 View attachment 28437

Yeah, would love to do myself, but I don't have a garage/space to work on it. Live in a condo. Covered parking, but no garage. Also, knowing me, it would take me two days to do it.

I'm having the pump installed up front by the ww tank and using ww tank as my reservoir.

Where did you install the controller?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I put my controller behind the cover below the steering column , makes it easy to access and is out of sight ...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I put my controller behind the cover below the steering column , makes it easy to access and is out of sight ...
How did you mount it?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I would suggest mixing your own methanol , I have had issues with boost juice clogging my nozzles just a fyi

Reactions: maydk65

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The water/meth is now installed. Took tech at PRP Speed Shop, three hours for a complete install. Used the WW tank for my supply. Mounted pump horizontally on brace under where the passenger side horn is located. Tried to do vertically as others have done, but since I have fog lights, that was a no go. Fog light enclosure now slides right over the top of the pump. Installed Mist-a-pipe into the stock rubber charge pipe. Installed the controller with gage bezel to my strut bar.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Here are some photos of the install. Nozzle for the Mist-a-Pipe is actually mounted on the bottom side.
The tech did an excellent job of hiding stuff. Granted, the controller is out in the open, but when you open the hood
it is really not noticeable, especially if the engine is off. When I took this photo, the engine is running.
If you closely at the tank, you can see I relocated the WW Pump to the front of the tank and installed the water/meth
valve in the place of the WW Pump. I figured that it best to install below the low level switch.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Blue Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Gas Motor vehicle
Sleeve Automotive design Sportswear Sports uniform Font

Reactions: Shawnski and ZenFFS

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Well, I'm going to have to relocate VC 50 Controller. Didn't take into account that I mounted right over Turbo. The controller get to hot and shuts off. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
879 Posts
“Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.”
- Will Rogers

Reactions: maydk65

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Removed the wheel spacers today. I had three studs on the spacers snap off today and two others a couple of months ago when I had my tires rotated. Evidently, the studs on the spacers are not spec'd for 150 ft lbs. I have only only used my socket and torgue wrench on them. Very disappointed.:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Engineer
81 - 97 of 97 Posts