Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Received the rear sway bar yesterday. Today, I gave the primer coat a good scuffing and three coats of Black Satin Rust-Oleum. The UP RMM shipped Wednesday and should be here Tuesday. Will try and schedule a Oil Change and get all these installed next weekend.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well, Detroit Wheel called today to let me know that they received the shipment of the Black Chrome Wheels I had been looking for, so I ordered a set. This means putting off for another week my other installs and oil change. When they come in, my mechanic is going to have a full day. I wish I had a garage. I have all the tools with no place to work. The price you pay for selling your house and moving into a Condo.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Well, Detroit Wheel called today to let me know that they received the shipment of the Black Chrome Wheels I had been looking for, so I ordered a set. This means putting off for another week my other installs and oil change. When they come in, my mechanic is going to have a full day. I wish I had a garage. I have all the tools with no place to work. The price you pay for selling your house and moving into a Condo.
I feel your pain. I've actually had a strong desire to wrench in the last year or so, and maybe even buy an old beater just for practice, but we sold our house too and I don't have a garage any more either. Sure looking forward to the day we have one again.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Got all the work done today.
  • Steeda Rear Sway Bar
  • UP Rear Motor Mount
  • Black Chrome Wheels with black Ford Center Caps
  • Mobile One Oil Change and replaced the drain plug
  • Took oil sample for Black Stone testing.

Made a boo-boo. Ordered Gorilla Black Lug Nut Sets, Quantity of 4. But, as you all know, you actually need 5. Dooh!! So, I had to leave the stock lugs on until I get the other set of Lugs.

Even after seeing you guys write about it, I was really amazed at the size an weight difference of the stock RSB and the Steeda. Also, as stated by others, I do have minor vibration cause by the RMM, but it is nothing crazy.
Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car
Auto part Suspension Pipe Fuel line Suspension part
Auto part Vehicle
Asphalt Cement Concrete Auto part Floor
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Rim

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I changed out the spark plugs today. I did notice some differences between the stock plugs and the new ones. Notice the green paint on the stock plugs and the red on the new plugs. Also, the part numbers on the plugs themselves were a digit difference Stock - CYFS092YPT; New Plug - CYFS092YPT3. These plugs were gapped .028
right out of the box. If any knows what the color difference and extra digit mean, please chime in.
Auto part Automotive engine part Spark plug Automotive ignition part

Spark plug Auto part Automotive ignition part Automotive engine part
Text Font

Reactions: Doug

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Here are the results of my Blackstone Oil Tests

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Here is a photo of my Wheel Set up. Black Chrome by Detroit Wheel and Tire , Black Center Cap, Black Lugs by Gorilla, Power Stop Z23 Break Kit. Having some issues with fitment of the front break pads. Working with Power Stop on that.

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Finished the front brake job, with the Powerstop Z23 kit. Even though my mechanic swore that the pads provided for the front would not fit due to the spring clips on the caliper pad, it does fit. You just have use your brain and a little "umph!" when you press the springs into the caliper. Performed the heat cycle on the new pads and they feel great.
Gonna be nice not to have to look at rusty hubs next to my new wheels, not to mention improved breaking.

I think the next upgrade will be the UP FMIC. I got a quote from a local shop to install it for $200.

I haven't decided on whether or not I am going to do a new TB or lower springs. Will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Placed the orders for the UP FMIC and the BBK TB today. Here we go!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Received UP FMIC and BBK TB today. That was fast! Scheduled install of both for Tuesday. Contacted Torrie and he is going to send me an updated tune to install. Then, we can start dialing it in.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Installed the UP FMIC and BBK TB today. My mechanic charged 3.5 hours @ $95 an hour to install. We had a talk before he began. I explained to him about the ACC and how it would be an easier install by taking the bumper off. He did a good job. He cut the air dam in half and reinstalled the upper half. He unbolted the ACC (marking the mounting before removing) and had no issues installing the FMIC. He got everything put back together with no fuss.

Installed the TB with no issues. He did have to install it upside down as I have heard others had to do. This is due to the placement of our wiring harness and the placement of the electronic module on the TB. (Oh, I returned tune to stock last night prior to taking in.) Mechanic performed the re-learn cycle as per BBK guidance.

The engine purred like a kitten. I then installed the updated Unleashed 93 Octane Tune, Torrie had sent to me the other night. I took her out on the interstate and drove her on a light run for about 10 minutes and then opened her up and
put a load on the turbos. I wanted to make sure the hoses were not going slip off as I had heard some people have had issues with. I went from 70 to 110 mph in a heart beat. This car is now officially an Eco-beast and boy is she smooth.
Can't wait to get a few logs to send to Torrie so that we can get her dialed in perfectly. There is another TNT scheduled at Monroe Track on December 19th. I hope to make it and see how much improvement I have.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I made a road trip to Kemah, TX this weekend to see my sister. This is a 4 hour trip from my door to hers. The new TB and FMIC performed very well. The trip down was in 3 hours of rain. IAT2 was at ambient down to 5 degrees below ambient. Outside temps were in the mid 60's. The AWD and traction control got their workout on the wet roads. I never had to really slow down. On the trip home no rain, IAT2 never got over 5 degrees above ambient. At the start ambient was mid 60's and when I pulled into Shreveport, it was 48 degrees.

On I-69 on the North side of Houston, iit is 4 to 5 lanes wide. The speed limit is 60, but not goes slower that 80. If try to do the speed limit you will get run over. I had a blast. I don't think I was below 85 the whole time I was on it. This car just had no limit to power. When I needed a burst of speed to pass, it was there and then some. I'm a very, very happy camper!

Hopefully, this coming weekend I will get a chance to do some data logging.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
No. I think the cold rain water was hitting the FMIC and aiding in the cooling. That is the only explanation I have. I was surprised also. The drive back, the temp stayed at ambient but did not exceed 5 degrees above ambient while driving at highway speeds.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Ordered the Steeda lowering springs and Garage Line wheel spacers last night. Will get installed once all parts received.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Made the jump tonight and purchased the Snow Performance 2.5 kit and Prometh Mist-a-pipe. So several changes coming over the next couple weeks. Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Didn't someone post that they verified with Garage Line, that spacers could be torqued down to 150 ft lbs? I tied to find the post, but couldn't. I tried to call Garage Line and emailed their customer service yesterday, but got no reply.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Didn't someone post that they verified with Garage Line, that spacers could be torqued down to 150 ft lbs? I tied to find the post, but couldn't. I tried to call Garage Line and emailed their customer service yesterday, but got no reply.
Hi @maydk65

It sounds like "yes" is the answer (which is also what I remembered): See Post #13 here:

Hope this helps! :cool:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Had hood striped today.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Reactions: Shawnski
41 - 60 of 97 Posts