Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have had the exhaust on now for a week. I may not be able to wait to October to do my tune. As stated on another thread, I have noticed some definite difference in performance. At low speeds, the engine just seems to bog down. If I really get on it, there is no problem, but if I am just coasting along on a side street at 25-30 mph and i give it a little gas the engine just seems to have no power. It may be a shifting issue, in that the transmission is in higher gear than it should be for the actual speed/rpm. Will give another week to see if the car is "relearning".

Curious to see where my MPG is. Will be filling up this weekend. I feel that I have lost 1 or 2 MPG.
That's not from the exhaust. I had a similar exhaust with no issue

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ordered the SCT X4 from Unleashed today with two tunes. Can't wait to get started on this adventure.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, interesting developments. I received my SCT X4 yesterday and last night downloaded the Update Software, followed all the instructions. Good to go there.

This afternoon, hooked up to my car and let the programmer read my car. Good news, no codes. Well, I sent all my cars info to Torrie in preparation for receiving my new tunes. He emails me back and asked if I had a Livernois Tune on the car? Huh?? No, I told him. I had no tune on the car. I had bought the car used under a CPO program and had not made any programming changes. He comes back and says it has a tune on it. He asked me to download the (.bef) file from the programmer so he could see what the cars current "Stock" file was. Sure enough, not an original stock tune. He is going to have to get a recovery file from SCT so that I can a get true Ford Stock tune loaded on the car before we can start tuning.

So guys, if you buy a used Sport, may need to see if you have a true stock tune or if the prior owner did a little messing around and did not reset to a stock tune before trading it in.

For me, this would explain alot. I took my car in several months ago for battery draining issue. The dealership had a really hard time getting into the system to update software to stop my CD Player from cycling all night long and draining my battery. They accused me to tuning the car.

All I have to say is that if this car is tuned with a Livernois tune, that tune SUCKS! But who knows, maybe the prior owner tried to return it to stock and screwed it up. Any way, the adventure continues.....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
An aftermarket tune shouldn't cause any problems using IDS and FJDS to update the modules. Only thing I can think of at this moment is the dealer tried to update your PCM. The early to mid 2017 builds have an update available. My Jan 2017 and my dad's May 2017 builds have an available PCM update. The only changes visible to me were some O2 sensor tip temp tables. There's a chance the dealer tried to update your PCM and IDS couldn't recognize the existing PCM configuration.

But updating the ACM, DDM, and PDM wouldnt be any problem with an aftermarket PCM tune.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don't think that Torrie was worried about being able to tune around the LIvernois tune. He wanted to get me a stock tune so that I would have one and he would have a clean slate to work with.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, Torrie sent me a recovery tune this morning. Boy! He works fast! I got home this evening, followed his instructions and downloaded and updated the SCT X4. Went to the car and installed my "Stock" Tune. Recovered the new ECU Strategy and emailed it to Torrie. Fifteen minutes later I had my new 93 Tune. Another 15 minutes and it was installed on the car. Unleashed and Torrie have got to be the easiest people to work with that I have ever come across.

Of course, I couldn't just install and walk away. I cranked her up and jumped on I49 and took a little joy ride. Due to the stay at home order, traffic around here is very sparse in the evenings. I really like the changes, made by tune. Shifts are more firm. Hey, I now have a Gear Indicator in the left side display that lets me know what gear I'm in. Nice! The engine seems to run better and sound smoother.

Now, I will reread Oreo's datalogging thread and get to work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I now have a Gear Indicator in the left side display that lets me know what gear I'm in
I too noticed that with my tune from Torrie. I'm not sure why Ford didn't include that from the beginning, its a great addition to the dash.
Vidmo

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yes it's a table called Gear Display Enable. Tuners are starting to enable that within the past few years.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here are pictures of the CravenSpeed Shorty Antenna CRMC-0
Stubi-1.jpg
Stubi-2.jpg
705-811

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Installed Husky Floor Liners today.
Husky-Driver.jpg
Husky-Passenger.jpg
Husky-Rear.jpg

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
They do fit like a glove. Bought on Amazon for $117.00 plus tax. Took two weeks to ship due to Covid 19 issues

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Did a little datalogging this afternoon, so I could get a another update from Torrie @ Unleashed. As I was reviewing my two runs, I noticed that my coolant temp avg 202 degrees, high was 106, IAT2 avg 125 degrees, Max Boost was 21 PSI. The ambient temp was 68 degrees.

I topped out at 83.72 mph @ 8.5 seconds. That was when it shifted to 5th gear and I let off the gas.

Looking at the coolant temp makes me really want to get that thermostat changed out. Going to go with the Reische 170 degree.

Btw, I sent my logs to Torrie this afternoon, expecting to get a reply tomorrow (Monday). Got up from Computer to get a refreshment and came back and Torrie already replied with a new tune. He stated that he adjusted my KR. What can you say about that man, but he's awesome.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Installed the Reiche 170 degree Thermostat today. Verified with Torrie @ Unleashed that my tune had adjusted the cooling fan setting for the lower temperature.

Also, did a drain and refill of the Transmission. Refill took 5.5 quarts. As stated in other posts, the shifting is so much smoother and the engine/transmission noise is much quieter. As I had all this work done at a local shop, I did not get a pre-drain fluid level. But, since the difference in noise and easier shifting I am assuming that the fluid was low. Current, mileage is 35940.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here is a better picture of the exhaust work I had done earlier. My guy does real nice work.

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Had the chrome delete done this week. Guys at Luxe Auto Concepts did a a great job! Luxe Auto Concepts
This included tinting the Ford emblems (Hood and Trunk), tail lights and mirror marker lights. I added the "Ecobeast AWD" overlay. I haven't decided what I am going to do with the chrome "FUSION". Plasti-dip, new black chrome letters, or just take off completely. I will be changing to black wheels at a later date.

One thing I found out in this process is that it was verified that my car has a ceramic coating applied to it according to the guys @ Luxe. I new that I had the Huber-Optic ceramic window tint on the windows, but I guess when the previous owner had that done, he also had the body done. Really gave them hell applying the material to the chrome. They had to do a little buffing so the product would stick.
20200614_124100.jpg 20200614_124115.jpg 20200614_124217.jpg 20200614_124231.jpg 20200614_124249.jpg 20200614_124258.jpg 20200614_124306.jpg

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Upgraded reverse lamps and License Plate light to led. 15 minute job.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The license plate lamps were a PITA on my 2017 Fusion. I broke one of them trying to remove it. Coincidentally I was hesitant to try on my 2018 Explorer because they used the same lamp housings. Turns out it was so much looser on the Explorer. I pushed the tab in gently, and the housing almost just dropped out. Threw in a pair of Sylvania 194's and good to go. They aren't as bright as other LEDs and they have a better cooling design for long life.

For reverse lights I went with a JDM A-stars (brand doesn't matter as much as they're all primarily made by 1 or 2 manufacturers in China) surface mounted setup, ultra bright.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Agreed, the license plate light was a very tight fit. Lucky for me, I was prepared for that with a very skinny blade, 6" long shaft, flat head screw driver. Made the pushing and leveraging out the enclosure, quite easy. I used the Sylvania 194, also.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well, have my next oil change coming up in about a month. I received my Blackstone Oil Test Kit a couple of weeks ago, so getting my oil tested. Just want to see what the Mobile 1 is showing after 7,500 miles and if that catch can is really helping.
I also ordered the Steeda Rear Sway Bar and UP Rear Motor Mount today. Hopefully, I will have it all in time to do this at one time. I intend on sanding down the primer coat on the Rear Sway Bar and giving it a couple of coats of Rust-Oleum before sticking it under the car.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts