Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have reading through all the builds and learning from all the knowledge that you folks have posted. Which I must say thank you to all of you that have posted.

When I purchased my 2017 FS, it already had 30k miles and had new set if Yokohama GTX Tires.

I have made a few adds/changes:
- Steeda Strut Brace (brought over from my previous 2.0)
- K&N Air Filter (brought over from my previous 2.0) I was surprised that they matched.
- MMBCC-CBTWO-BK Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can

Here are some of the changes that I hope to make in the future (No order)
- SCT X4 Tuner and Unleashed Tune
- OBDLink MX+
- Shark Fin Antenna
- G-Plus Mud Flap
- GFB T9358 DV+ Diverter
- Magnaflow Performance Muffler (Stock Resonator & Muffler Delete)

I found out today that there is no facility within my local area that has a dyno. Which sucks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ordered the GFB T9358 DV+ Diverter. Should have by the end of the week and installed this weekend.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The Fusion's air filter is also used on the Ford GT (the GT gets 2 of them, one for each turbo). The stock paper filter flows more than enough air for the turbos on our cars.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed the DV+ today. Would have taken about 20 minutes, but I forgot that little tidbit about the bolts holding the existing DV needing an "E" socket to remove. I have never had to use them before, so a quick trip to Harbor Freight and I was good to go.
An E5 socket to be exact. The replacement screws that come with the GFB kit take a T30 bit to install.

After a nice little drive through the country and on the interstate, the throttle response is improved, but nothing drastic.

While i was under the hood, dumped the Catch Can. Have run three tanks of gas since last clean out. Had about a ounce of flood in the can.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Never needed an E socket, I just used a regular socket. I went with the Turbosmart and never noticed a big difference. There is a lot more to do with the tuning

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Installed the Steeda Hood Struts today. I had to drill out one of the mounts that fits to the hood. The holes were 5/8", but no matter what I did, I could not get it slide over the studs on the hood. I drilled the holes out to 11/32" and it fit like a glove. The mount that I put on the passenger side (mounted first) went on with out a hitch, so was surprised when the issue popped up on the second one. All in all, 30 minutes from start to finish. Love the extra 3 inches of height the struts give to the raised hood.

I rerouted the washer fluid hose and wiring harness on the passenger side. Quick snip of a zip tie and a small slit to the rubber flashing to move the hose. Mounted with a new zip tie below the rubber flashing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomorrow is the day for exhaust work. Resonator delete, replace with Magnaflow 11385 X Muffler. Delete the water tank muffler and replace with custom 2.5" axle-back pipes. Keeping original dual tips. Hope to have pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
When I installed the Steeda STB it rubbed on my brake reservoir because they didn't bend the tube correctly. Steeda swapped it out for another, and the same problem. Others showed me cut-away pics of the CD4 chassis design and we don't need a STB because the factory setup already has a STB under the cowl.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't have the rubbing issue. While I agree with not needing the STB it did look cool.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My STB migrated from my last Fusion, the SE 2.0. Never has problem with the rubbing.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I tried my best but could never feel a difference, not surprising since when you take that cowling off, there's pretty much a factory brace welded from strut tower to strut tower. The Steeda or any other STB is just adding extra weight on a CD4.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, had the Magnaflow 11385 installed in place of the stock resonator, but ended up installing two Magnaflow 11365 mufflers in place of the the stock "Water Tank" and had new tips to installed. I really like the sound. Hopefully, this weekend I can get some sound clips. Here are some preliminary photos

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had the new exhaust system on for a couple of days, now. Have noticed that when I am exiting the interstate on to the wrap around exit lane, let off the gas and apply brake, that as I slow down the engine revs up as it drops down through the down shifts. I have never noticed that before.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Had the new exhaust system on for a couple of days, now. Have noticed that when I am exiting the interstate on to the wrap around exit lane, let off the gas and apply brake, that as I slow down the engine revs up as it drops down through the down shifts. I have never noticed that before.
In Sport mode it will downshift threw each gear and engine brake. Not in drive though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was probably it. I was in Sport at the time. Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Replaced the stock radio antenna today with a CravenSpeed Shorty Antenna CRMC-0705-811. I like. This will conclude my changes for a little while. My next planned update will be a Tuner and Tune. But, I will be waiting until my CPO Warranty is out. That won't be until October.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have had the exhaust on now for a week. I may not be able to wait to October to do my tune. As stated on another thread, I have noticed some definite difference in performance. At low speeds, the engine just seems to bog down. If I really get on it, there is no problem, but if I am just coasting along on a side street at 25-30 mph and i give it a little gas the engine just seems to have no power. It may be a shifting issue, in that the transmission is in higher gear than it should be for the actual speed/rpm. Will give another week to see if the car is "relearning".

Curious to see where my MPG is. Will be filling up this weekend. I feel that I have lost 1 or 2 MPG.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts