Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I didn't watch video my internet is messed up right now but going off description it almost sounds like when I turned off ALL the truncation and shift reduction. It felt like it double-clutched into the gear with a thud. I basically stopped, put it in first and putted back to the driveway to change out the tune right away heh

·
Registered
706 Posts
That was a oil squirter, looks like the piston failed to me. What's the rod look like ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm pretty shocked by the amount of shrapnel in the pan. I've blown engines before, but it was usually a nice hole through a piston, nothing quite like that!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, I'd agree on that. I'm wondering if the piston failed come off the rod, and then just got beat to hell by the rod till the whole thing went boom. One thing is for sure, that head is junk, bet the valves and chamber are a mess.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Tuned or not, I bet Ford would have loved to get their hands on this one, but now that it's apart they might pass on that. I've seen plenty of motors come apart, but that is a first. four out of six failures is pretty bad, but if it was really ringing and under a high load, I could see this kind of damage.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
756 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
"All the king's horses, and all the king's men"........ :cry:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Got the engine back in and it seems to be running fine. 🤞
Awesome job man! Glad you're back in business! :cool:

Got the Minnie Mouse car torn down yet? ;)

·
Registered
756 Posts
61 - 75 of 75 Posts