Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Were getting closer to having the ST done, at least enough I can get read off it. Really want to see how they have things set up with it compared to the MKZ 3.0 , and even the 2.7

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thanks for doing that. I did send it out. I'm not sure if anyone else needed it. Lots of interesting and small things to note.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I,m already working on it, LOL

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, I'm seeing some interesting stuff compared tot he 2.7. The trans is pretty much identical to the Sport with the exception of a few minor things. Fueling is different, as is the timing tables. I,m also seeing a few tables that the rpm's are going clear to 7000, most I see with the 2.7 is 6500. I,m gonna be doing some experimenting for the next few days, see how the 2.7 reacts to some stuff.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I have my revlimiters set to 7200 but that doesn't mean I am going anywhere near that. It's all in the shift tables. Fueling wasn't different, except for the FFV table that I saw.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Look at limits in fuel

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Hey guys, where's the .hpt file? I don't see it in the thread on the HP Tuners site, nor on here. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Thanks!!!!

Reactions: anotherfusion

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
What is the difference in the TB settings

·
Registered
706 Posts
TB model predicted throttle angle and effective area tables are different.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
TB model predicted throttle angle and effective area tables are different.
Okay I just started looking at this tonight and here's what I think is interesting right off the bat:

1. It's really surprising how much is the same between the FFS and the MKZ. A few things aren't, but far more is than isn't. I just thought that was interesting.

2. Probably more important, though, I see confirmation of how the octane adjust works. In the MKZ demand tables, they're requesting 400. In the FFS, they're requesting 350 (even though the literature says 380 with high octane).

So either you're getting well over 400 in the MKZ if you run high octane (unlikely), or you're getting less than 350 in the FFS if you're running 87. I don't see any way around this. (But note that someone, I forget who, mentioned that some FFSes came from factory tuned for 380).

Just some things to think about when you're looking at all this.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I also noticed the Transmission Temp and Ambient temp limiters look like they're raised up out of the way more. That tells me that, as I suspected, they're likely not there for real technical (thermal) reasons. :cool:

Also, absolute speed limiter is set to 148 instead of 138 as on the FFS. Probably just product differentiation/marketing, would be my guess, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Timing tables are different in boarder line and MBT both, things related to the turbos are different, but that's expected. big thing I see is surge line is higher, and waste gate is set up different also. I'm still looking at things, but those were the ones that stood out the most to me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I’m glad there’s folks with the brain power to sift through all this stuff on this forum! I greatly appreciate the overall maturity, technical sophistication, and determination demonstrated by a fairly large core group of members here. Thanks!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The trans is why I sold my MKZ, would not shift predictably any more on 2-3.

I also noticed the Transmission Temp and Ambient temp limiters look like they're raised up out of the way more. That tells me that, as I suspected, they're likely not there for real technical (thermal) reasons. :cool:

Also, absolute speed limiter is set to 148 instead of 138 as on the FFS. Probably just product differentiation/marketing, would be my guess, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The 2-3 is very inconsistent among the 6F55 transmissions. My SHO didn't have any issues, but the Fusion Sport started off with issues. Now my 2-3 takes 338 ms (1-2 is about 420 ms). My Explorer XLT 6F55 gave me issues for the 1-2 and 2-3 but the 1-2 somehow works fine now. The 2-3 has issues for about the first 3 WOT 2-3 shifts then something kicks in and gets rid of a weird torque cut. It starts off 800ms, 600ms, and then eventually settles around 330 ms once it figures it out.

I just saw on the news Ford is recalling the 6F35 transmission in its 2.5L Transit Connects Ford recalls small vans; shifter may not show correct gear
There's issues with that stupid transmission linkage. I wish they'd just fix the issue. I don't hear about GM having problems with the same transmissions.

I noticed the Fusion linkage is different from the SHO/Explorer linkage and the SHO/Explorer didn't have those issues. Why doesn't Ford just stick to something that works? I also confirmed my friend's Malibu LTZ w/ 2.0L LTG Turbo and 6T70 used a different linkage as well from the Fusion and she had over 100k miles on it without any problems. Yet many of the Fusions would have that linkage break resulting in being unable to shift out of park or gear, causing them to be stuck in parking lots and other areas. She didn't believe me we had the same family of transmissions until I parked my Fusion and Explorer next to her Malibu.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I,ve got my second to third shifts figured out, only time it does stupid stuff is in the morning sometimes and once or twice after a map change which I expect this. Once it's up to temp, it shifts fine.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Now mine doesn't act up at all on the Fusion Sport. I see the spark cuts for Trans Shift Mod, but it's not even noticeable even when the trans fluid temp is cold or after a fresh tune. No rhyme or reason. My Explorer 2-3 is the only one that does it, the 1-2 now works fine ice cold or fully warmed up or even right after a new tune.

What's your 2-3 duration?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts