Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Best bang for the buck chip for FFS?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Doug 
#1 ·
Hey gang, I'm a new member with a '17 FFS. Does anyone have any suggestions for best bang-for-the-buck tune or chip for the '17 FFS for HP and torque gains? I'm also interested in ditching the giant stock muffler for a cat-back system if anyone has any recommendations. Thanx!

#3 ·
I think Matt at Gear Head is tuning them, but I,ll ask next time I talk to him.

#6 ·
He knows transmission tuning, he was the guy everyone wanted when it came to tuning the 6.0 Powerstroke years ago. Then he really got into the Eco's and figured out how to make good power with out getting to crazy.

Reactions: Doug
#8 ·
I do my own tuning, had a couple that were a bit over the top, LOL. Had one hard pull that ended up being 27lbs, I looked the data log over and knew that was not gonna work well for long, LOL. I try to keep my boost maxed about 22 23 lbs, maybe one of these days I'll get the thing on a dyno and see what it makes with a good tune.

#11 ·
On my 93 Tune, at 21lbs, 4th gear, I hit 408hp at the wheel on the dyno. It was Dyno Day, so not wired up. Red line on screen was pull done in 5th gear
Computer Personal computer Laptop Netbook Output device

#16 ·
Agreed. If you want to preserve what makes these cars really unique - the balance of cost, comfort, power, handling, economy, style, all-weather capability - then IMO get a tune with 89 & 93 octane settings, a catch can, and do whatever you can to lighten your wheels & tires. It’s a no-risk have-it-all proposition that won’t break your wallet and will break a lot of hearts of the competition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.