Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I'm a new member with a '17 FFS. Does anyone have any suggestions for best bang-for-the-buck tune or chip for the '17 FFS for HP and torque gains? I'm also interested in ditching the giant stock muffler for a cat-back system if anyone has any recommendations. Thanx!

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
hello unleashed tuning and tune by James are the most popular right now , only 2 choices for exhaust MRT muffler delete and borla muffler replacement

Reactions: Skipe

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think Matt at Gear Head is tuning them, but I,ll ask next time I talk to him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think Matt at Gear Head is tuning them, but I,ll ask next time I talk to him.
He is, I am currently dyno tuned by him and it’s amazing. I should be down there in a few weeks to get another dyno tune since I got a CPE FMIC

·
Registered
545 Posts
He knows transmission tuning, he was the guy everyone wanted when it came to tuning the 6.0 Powerstroke years ago. Then he really got into the Eco's and figured out how to make good power with out getting to crazy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
He knows transmission tuning, he was the guy everyone wanted when it came to tuning the 6.0 Powerstroke years ago. Then he really got into the Eco's and figured out how to make good power with out getting to crazy.
yeah on 17lbs of boost with stock FMIC I put down 324whp and 417lbs of torque. I’m excited to see what I’m putting down now with more boost.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I do my own tuning, had a couple that were a bit over the top, LOL. Had one hard pull that ended up being 27lbs, I looked the data log over and knew that was not gonna work well for long, LOL. I try to keep my boost maxed about 22 23 lbs, maybe one of these days I'll get the thing on a dyno and see what it makes with a good tune.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The stock 2.7 turbos (F-150, Edge Sport, Edge ST, Fusion Sport) don't need a lot of boost to reach its choke line and max out. The same goes for the 3.0's turbos on the MKZ and Explorer ST. If you're over 20 psi, it's kind of excessive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts