Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Best 60ft on the All Season tires???

9K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  gjhazlett 
#1 ·
I can't seem to do better than 1.90 60 ft times. I was just wondering what other were getting using the factory all season tires.

#4 ·
I'll have to double check my slips but I wanna say I ran a 1.84 on the stock all seasons

#12 ·
stage I always light one light and wait for the other drive to light both gives me more control --go between 2 and 3rd yellow around 2200 rpm or until you feel it start to pull - roll into gas then floor - still may get some wheel hop on the 1 to 2 shift even with performance tires and a good track best 60 ft 1.79 but it wheel hoped on that one and I backed off average about 1.86

#13 ·
Thanks for all the tips! I went to the track last night and here are the 60 ft numbers 2.034, 1.853, 1.827, 1.907 and 1.977. I still did not break into the 12s despite the 59 degree temperatures. Best pass was a 13.10 at 105 MPH

#20 ·
K&N drop in filter and a 93 Unleashed tune. There seems to be a fine line between bog and wheel hop. My hats off to anyone who can launch their FS consistently. I would think the FS would be a hard car to bracket race successfully.

#16 ·
Excuse my ignorance, but why would you want all-season tires and the best 60 ft launch?
It seems to me that if you are getting a good launch with all-season tires, they might suck at being all season tires.
I'm sure you probably know this, but all-season tires are meant to work at temps that summer tires won't (i.e. cold). They don't grip as well in normal temps, but don't lose grip in the cold. It's always going to be a trade off. I would never worry about launch times with my all season tires (but I live in Utah where it snows a lot), and I have thought of getting a second set of tires for summer. ;)
I wouldn't (where I live) want to compromise between those two distinctly different purposes.

#18 ·
Been there done that with my Mustangs and I had 3 sets. Im tired of swapping wheels out for the track and then for the fall. Its nice not to have to do that and the all seasons turns some good 60s. You can throw some summers on, but the 60 foots will only drop a few tenths.

#26 ·
The tires had 35 PSI all around. I was trying to launch the car by leaning on the converter fully staged. The trick is finding the balance between how hard you can lean on the converter and how quickly you roll into the throttle after popping your foot off the brake.

My problem is I am trained to drive my Fox-bodied Mustang by leaning on the converter fully staged and then simultaneously popping my foot off the brake and slamming my accelerator to the firewall on the third yellow. With 255 drag radials, this results in 1.4x 60 ft times. The Mustang likes 2500-2600 on the starting line and then flashes to 4000 on the launch.

#22 ·
my best was a 2.0 but wasnt my best pass. When i was at the track i def was getting into the throttle to fast. Gotta try and find the right timing because if your in it to fast the car will pull power at least how it was with my livernois tune.

#23 ·
Interesting that you say you felt it pulled power...I notice a difference between my datalog runs where I’m to the floor and around town driving where I roll into it more. Flooring it I have yet to break the tires loose or perceive any wheel hop. Of course the temps & humidity in Central Texas haven’t been the best to make clean power that doesn’t have timing or boost adjusted.

#28 ·
I would do a quick hit on the tires to make sure any water was off the tires. With AWD you can't do much of a burnout and the tread on street tires cools off too fast to really get any benefit. This night I was stuck at 35 psi. Another night I played with pressures from 41 down to 32 and so no repeatable benefit. 19" tires do not have enough side wall to reap any benefit from lower pressures. You just need enough pressure to keep the tire flat on the surface.

35 psi
Traction control off
Sport mode on
Lean on the converter until you feel the motor start to pull down.
Pop your foot off the brake
Roll into the throttle

#30 ·
I wouldn't say 35 psi is the best, but I will say the tech at Jiffy Lube misread the door tag and set them all to 35 instead of 39. On open track nights, water gets trailed all over the pace. I do go around the water box and try to avoid any wet spots. Newbies like to drive thru the water, then spin their tires so the water lines their wheel wells, and then drips all the way to the starting line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.