Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to do better than 1.90 60 ft times. I was just wondering what other were getting using the factory all season tires.

·
Registered
552 Posts
There are tons of times (and timeslips) posted in a couple of different threads. Do a search and/or read through past threads and you will get your answer and more.

The amount of information on this forum is amazing!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While there is tons of great information on the site, it is not always obvious whether a particular pass was made on all season tires.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll have to double check my slips but I wanna say I ran a 1.84 on the stock all seasons

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can't seem to do better than 1.90 60 ft times. I was just wondering what other were getting using the factory all season tires.
You talking with a tune or stock?

·
Registered
171 Posts
1.81 a few times on the Goodyear All seasons, track prep and launch technique play a big part in your 60 foot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 1.90 was with a tune. Track prep at midnight madness is never "great". If I push it any harder I get dreaded wheel hop or wheel spin.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The 1.90 was with a tune. Track prep at midnight madness is never "great". If I push it any harder I get dreaded wheel hop or wheel spin.
You might try 1/2 throttle for the roll out and then go WOT to help with the wheel hop plus you can launch a couple hundred RPMs higher.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I think I am trying to bury the gas pedal into the firewall just a little too quickly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
stage I always light one light and wait for the other drive to light both gives me more control --go between 2 and 3rd yellow around 2200 rpm or until you feel it start to pull - roll into gas then floor - still may get some wheel hop on the 1 to 2 shift even with performance tires and a good track best 60 ft 1.79 but it wheel hoped on that one and I backed off average about 1.86

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the tips! I went to the track last night and here are the 60 ft numbers 2.034, 1.853, 1.827, 1.907 and 1.977. I still did not break into the 12s despite the 59 degree temperatures. Best pass was a 13.10 at 105 MPH

·
Registered
563 Posts
^^ what mods are on the car and how were you launching it?

Reactions: Airwelldone

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks for all the tips! I went to the track last night and here are the 60 ft numbers 2.034, 1.853, 1.827, 1.907 and 1.977. I still did not break into the 12s despite the 59 degree temperatures. Best pass was a 13.10 at 105 MPH
I think that's great. Congratulations!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but why would you want all-season tires and the best 60 ft launch?
It seems to me that if you are getting a good launch with all-season tires, they might suck at being all season tires.
I'm sure you probably know this, but all-season tires are meant to work at temps that summer tires won't (i.e. cold). They don't grip as well in normal temps, but don't lose grip in the cold. It's always going to be a trade off. I would never worry about launch times with my all season tires (but I live in Utah where it snows a lot), and I have thought of getting a second set of tires for summer. ;)
I wouldn't (where I live) want to compromise between those two distinctly different purposes.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Probably because most people don't have the coin to have 2 sets of rims and tires....

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Probably because most people don't have the coin to have 2 sets of rims and tires....
Been there done that with my Mustangs and I had 3 sets. Im tired of swapping wheels out for the track and then for the fall. Its nice not to have to do that and the all seasons turns some good 60s. You can throw some summers on, but the 60 foots will only drop a few tenths.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Been there done that with my Mustangs and I had 3 sets. Im tired of swapping wheels out for the track and then for the fall. Its nice not to have to do that and the all seasons turns some good 60s. You can throw some summers on, but the 60 foots will only drop a few tenths.
Me too lol...but with the rear/passenger seat removed from the stang I could fit both sets of skinny fronts/2 DR's in it but dayum it was cramped! Plus jacks, stands, etc...nope.

Then you have to have the room in the garage or shed to store the extra rims/tires...

Reactions: Vert

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^ what mods are on the car and how were you launching it?
K&N drop in filter and a 93 Unleashed tune. There seems to be a fine line between bog and wheel hop. My hats off to anyone who can launch their FS consistently. I would think the FS would be a hard car to bracket race successfully.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts