Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
My name is Ben il live in Granby Quebec.

I have a Fusion sport 2017 black for 8 month
51 000km

It's a very nice car for our climate in QC ;-)

What summer tires do you advise me ? My 4 seasons are end of life !

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: benoit

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome, Ben!

Mon meilleur de la New Orléans!

Can’t recommend summer tires, but the all season Nexen CP671s are decent for the price and have amazing wet handling. Bought mine in June, dealer installed them new and 16,000km later, they haven’t worn much with my hard driving style.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
67 Posts
Welcome , Benoit , from Texas ! Great looking black FFS !

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi Ben. Very nice! Welcome to the Fusion Sport Forums.

Just wanted to also mention: Are you aware that you can not drive on summer only tires when the temperatures are below ~4.5-7.2°C (or ~40-45°F)? It will damage the tires and also give your car dangerous handling characteristics.

Not a problem if you plan on changing them to all-seasons or snow tires in colder weather, but we have to assume you get long spells of cold weather in Quebec.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Hello and welcome Ben

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
what size are the tires they look bigger then stock

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome Ben. I have thesame car down here in Toronto.

Looks like you still have the snows on and getting ready to change. Ive been enjoying the Michelin Pilot 4S as a summer. Dropped them onto an 18" and have the stock 19 rims with the snows on. I put 235/40 R18s on. If I did it again I'd probably go a 45 wall as the ride is quite firm on rough roads. It'd also fill the wheel well a little more for the ascetics. However the grip is amazing, low road noise and very resistant to hydraplaning in the wet.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I just want to mention, because I've seen numerous incorrect statements by various folks (none in this thread that I've noticed, but definitely on this site as well as many others) regarding wet road handling performance of summer tires:

A good set of summer tires should handle extremely well in wet conditions. There. I said it.

Summer weather includes both dry and wet days, but not generally snow. 😉 So good summer tires will, indeed, handle wet roads well. Perhaps, even better than all-seasons, which have to be made to handle snow as well. Obviously, all-seasons are more well-rounded and if you're going to be driving in cold weather and don't want to replace the tires, you need to stick with all-seasons. But if you're only going to use them in warmer weather, and want the absolute best performance, wet or dry, summer tires are your best bet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts