Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of what i see are your run of the mill SE or Titanium models and i have a question.

Is the body style exactly the same in the whole line up? For some reason the Titanium model I have seen in person and the pictures of the Sport (have not seen one on the road up close) are they the same? For some reason I seem to think that the Ti and Sport are more bulged or sculpted. Perhaps the larger tires? Spoiler? Different grill makes the front look larger?

I have not bought one yet. I see Fusion S, SE etc all the time and when I see them I think they really look generic/fleet/rental car like and my enthusiasm to buy kinda sinks. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Minor differences. Sport grill is the black honeycomb. Some other minor differences here and there... not too extreme. Grill is the real difference to see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't seen a sport one the road before I got mine or since I have gotten mine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Like Wildcat already said, it's the grill that gives it away for me, and of course the Sport badge on the back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It really is an ultimate sleeper car.

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I look for the wheels and the exhaust to know for sure. Doesnt the energi platinum have the same grille as the Sport?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I look for the wheels and the exhaust to know for sure. Doesnt the energi platinum have the same grille as the Sport?
Yeah the platinums will throw you off. All of the platinums not just the energi have the same or at least very similar honeycomb grill. There also is a wheel option that's mildly similar, not as dark(I like them) that I've seen on Ti's. Nobody has the quad exhaust pipes like the Sport however.

Side note:
I test drove a AWD Ti before I got my sport, which had the optional wheels. Sticker price was less than $1000 less than my sport. Yes Ti had driver assist package my sport does not, but my Sport has leather/suede cooled seats and of course the 2.7TT.
Made choosing the Sport a no-brainer over the Ti for me.
It's also why I'm confused they can't sell more Sports.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's also why I'm confused they can't sell more Sports.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few good and dumb reasons from people.

some people will never use the car like we do.

dumb reasons I commonly see from people online; "it doesn't come in a manual", "it has fake awd" ,"if I am going to spend that much I'd rather buy an STi or evo"

·
Registered
491 Posts
dumb reasons I commonly see from people online; "it doesn't come in a manual", "it has fake awd" ,"if I am going to spend that much I'd rather buy an STi or evo"
I see these as well, not sure which one is dumber, the lack of manual whining or the uninformed fake AWD whining...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm not sure a lot of car shoppers take the time to understand what the FusSpo really is. It is pretty unique, when you consider the whole package. If you really look around , it is hard if not impossible to find the combination of tech, power, and family-sedan-ness if you have to cart people around sometimes. At least for the price!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Agree on all accounts. It's more understandable that non Ford buyers misunderstand the car. Almost zero marketing since launch, and pre-launch marketing was misguided. But why they can't upsell more to those purchasing an AWD TI seems odd to me. Sure many won't purely due to lack of desire and concern for lost mpgs, but still....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts