Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply as the title states, my tuner won't send the datalogs to my email. Curious if anyone has troubleshot this before? The company didn't help at all when I emailed them.

Yes I have clicked "yes" in the send datalogs via the cloud.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you register on the SCT site and ensure the device S/N is correct on your registered devices?

FWIW, I purchased the BDX originally and had a lot of issues with my 17 FS (vehicle connectivity and error codes). I ended up swapping it for a X4 and I've had no issues since. I realize the X4 is older and doesn't support cloud connectivity but I also was never able to get the device to email me the data logs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you register on the SCT site and ensure the device S/N is correct on your registered devices?

FWIW, I purchased the BDX originally and had a lot of issues with my 17 FS (vehicle connectivity and error codes). I ended up swapping it for a X4 and I've had no issues since. I realize the X4 is older and doesn't support cloud connectivity but I also was never able to get the device to email me the data logs.
Yes on the SCT site I did. Someone told me to possibly try registering it on the Bullydog website as well?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I registered on sctflash.com per instructions from Torrie at Unleashed. I just used my credentials from sctflash.com on bullydog.com and they worked, and I can see my X4 under "My Devices".

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yup I know all about that. 1.Connect bdx to hot spot on your phone. 2. While car is running disconect bdx from obd2 pull slightly and bdx will restart and connect to the hotspot again. 3. Test before you do a pull, On your gauge screen press the center button on bdx you will see a small "rec" light come on , press the center button again in a few seconds to stop the data log. 4. Now press the back button twice to get to the menu and press stop datalog that will take you to the main menu, scroll down to device settings and hit cloud file sync, then continue, wait a few seconds and you will see a percent bar upload to 100% then check email. I always test the system before I leave my home to make sure it's working and uploading to cloud prior to doing a real log. Hope this helps!😏

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bump. Running into same issue. Tried to troubleshoot based on above info. No success. Also unregistered device on sct site & re-registered, still nothing.

Is there a way to manually upload with bdx with a laptop?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Use a hotspot on your phone, make sure your BDX is connected to the hotspot. Can register device on act or bulldog website. I sometimes have issues on Saturdays and Sundays maybe there cloud service is doing maintenance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Use a hotspot on your phone, make sure your BDX is connected to the hotspot. Can register device on act or bulldog website. I sometimes have issues on Saturdays and Sundays maybe there cloud service is doing maintenance.
Yeah I did all of that and it didn't work.....
Issue occurs during week as well

·
Registered
276 Posts
I’ve been having trouble with my BDX as well. It hangs up at 96% every time I try to cloud sync. I’ve gotten on chat support w SCT twice and connected the device to the computer so they could remotely wipe it and reinstall the firmware twice. Still won’t work. I’ve had to manually connect/download datalogs and connect/upload tunes recently. I’m not planning on any new tunes for awhile and might send the device back to SCT to see if they can fix it there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I asked Torrie and he said sct is having cloud outages at the moment. I can't upload datalogs either. No one can rn

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mine are uploading just checked. Torrie told me this also but was never the issue. I had to basically figure it and sort it out myself.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I always start by turning on my hotspot on my phone then starting car and then unplugging the obd2 connection and plugging back in it it will connect almost instantly you can tell by checking our hotspot on phone should say in my case 1 device connected, I would possibly make sure your Not connecting to the Ford stereo instead this could maybe couse a issue. Then follow my steps above.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya went to do a cloud upload tonight no go .....they must be maintenancing there system, I also did the old fashion way.😉

·
Registered
463 Posts
I wrote SCT about this issue with great depth and 2 days later they sent me my last data log that was just from me testing there system so like 2 seconds it took for me to start/stop upload to cloud. The thing is I never even asked for this in my email nor did I even get a explanation or a proper reply from this company wow what great service they provide another fine company to ad to the list ........my experience with domestic car tuning / modding is so not up there with japanese/euro stuff. Anyways anyone had luck with there cloud system in the past few days?😂😂😂😂 I'm sick of trying.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wrote SCT about this issue with great depth and 2 days later they sent me my last data log that was just from me testing there system so like 2 seconds it took for me to start/stop upload to cloud. The thing is I never even asked for this in my email nor did I even get a explanation or a proper reply from this company wow what great service they provide another fine company to ad to the list ........my experience with domestic car tuning / modding is so not up there with japanese/euro stuff. Anyways anyone had luck with there cloud system in the past few days?😂😂😂😂 I'm sick of trying.
Nope, I haven't tried cloud option for over 3 weeks. I pretty much gave up as well 🙃
I've been doing the manual route as needed for datalogging, but I haven't logged since I got my 4th revision from Torrie a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would encourage you to "do it the manual way" and save your CSVs yourself as they can become a great resource if you want to go back and review at any number of things later on. I use the filename to keep track of what mods we're on at that point, what the ambient temp was, the altitude, the tune revision, etc.

Reactions: maydk65
1 - 20 of 20 Posts