Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the base sport fusion? I bought a silver fusion sport with only the moonroof upgrade. It was sitting on the lot for almost a year so I got a great deal. There were no recalls on the car yet but I keep reading about this ACM(what's that)/battery issue. Has anyone with a base sport experienced these issues? Mine runs great and doesn't rattle for the first time in 3 ford cars. My Edge's steering rack and front hubs went at 3k miles (yes only 3k) so the dealer was nice to take it back. The mustang I had was not so great either. Hoping this ford is better!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Kogle,

I too have a base model Sport with moonroof since March of this year and so far so good. The ACM is the audio control module and it is evidently responsible for some people's Sports to drain the battery while the car is not being driven. The only other serious issue you might keep your eye on is oil consumption. Some Sports (definitely not all) that were built between 1 April 2016 and 1 October 2016 have had a problem with bad cylinder heads on the 2.7 liter ecoboost. This problem also existed on other vehicles with the 2.7L ecoboost such as Edge Sport and F-150 trucks (Ford TSB 17-0007). If your car was built in that date range just check oil from time to time and watch for any serious smoke out of the exhaust. Other than that, enjoy your Sport - its a fun, fast car that definitely flies below the radar of most other drivers. Not the police though unfortunately ; )

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have a base with no sunroof. Only options are the color (Burgundy Velvet) and all season floor mats. The only problem I have found so far is with the transmission. While in Sport mode, it sometimes does the 1-2 shift at 5500 at WOT. Other times at 6000, and occasionally at 6200. No idea why, but I do have an appointment with the dealer later this month. Maybe they can "reprogram" the trans, and that will take care of it.

Love the car. I have a Harley in the garage that is very jealous of the Fusion. It has been easy to find excuses not to ride the bike since I got the Sport!

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
The ACM issue is not a recall, it's just a service bulletin. It affects all 2017 Fusion & MKZ models built before December 23rd 2017. It has affected some sooner than others, and a few not at all. If you sit in the car for 15 minutes after parking and turning the engine/ignition off you may hear what sounds like a CD trying to eject every few seconds. Either way, all they do is updated the software on the ACM. Doesn't take long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I literally have the exact same car!! Silver with just the moonroof!

Not sure when the build date is though...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a base with no sunroof. Only options are the color (Burgundy Velvet) and all season floor mats. The only problem I have found so far is with the transmission. While in Sport mode, it sometimes does the 1-2 shift at 5500 at WOT. Other times at 6000, and occasionally at 6200. No idea why, but I do have an appointment with the dealer later this month. Maybe they can "reprogram" the trans, and that will take care of it.

Love the car. I have a Harley in the garage that is very jealous of the Fusion. It has been easy to find excuses not to ride the bike since I got the Sport!

Enjoy your new ride.
Ok i need more details about this because i think mine is doing the same thing....

Let's say i'm on the highway and i floor it, it will downshift and start going then 2-3 seconds later, it will downshift again bringing the RPM's way passed 6k then shifts back...

Something similar? didn't think much of it, but it happened 3-4 times now...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mine is always from a standing start or very low speeds. And it's only the 1-2 shift.

I had the passing gear problem you mention a couple of times, but it has not happened in months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not having any issues with my trans.

I do have 2 questions. Why can I see all of my engine when I take off the cap where the oil goes? Am I just not used to seeing so much of a view? In my mustang I could barely see down the oil entrance.

Also, does anyone else's rear trunk lights not turn on? I feel like mine are only on when I hit the brake? They should be all on when I have my lights on, right?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not having any issues with my trans.

I do have 2 questions. Why can I see all of my engine when I take off the cap where the oil goes? Am I just not used to seeing so much of a view? In my mustang I could barely see down the oil entrance.

Also, does anyone else's rear trunk lights not turn on? I feel like mine are only on when I hit the brake? They should be all on when I have my lights on, right?
For some reason we only got the base rear light package on the Sport. There is a thread here somewhere of someone who swapped with the Titanium lights I believe. It was very expensive at the time...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have a base Ingot Silver. Love it no real complaints some minor ones like a mystery rattle on the passenger side and some mystery leaks under the front. The leaks are very small and intermittent. They are oil based as they bead water but are not dark enough to look like motor oil or trans fluid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the base model (August 2016 build ate) and no options except the all weather floor mats. I was consistently getting the ghost CD eject phenomenon, but had no battery drain issues. It had a little bit other erratic behavior, like occasionally not recognizing my I-pod, or getting confused when switching between radio/satellite/USB. Nonetheless, after seeing things getting sorted out on this forum, I took my car in a few months ago and gave them the SSM (technical bulletin) numbers. They replaced my ACM. No other issues with the car, but I have some of the anomalies that others have stated, such as the suspected torque converter slippage and the occasional clunky first to third shift. Getting close to 10k miles, no oil usage/leaking, no PTU seal issues, and I drive it pretty hard.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Base Ingot Silver, Floor mats and moon roof. Great deal as it had been on the lot a while. 27K before taxes and fees,

Ghost eject CD issue (not a big deal)

And pre-tune the 2-3 up-shift and 5-4 down-shift would bounce off the rev limiter occasionally if driven hard/ Since the tune no shifting issues at all. August 2016 build date. No oil consumption issues 6400 miles. I drive it like I stole it.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
...Ghost eject CD issue (not a big deal)

You should take the car in for the ACM update. It may not be a big deal now but that's what causes the dead battery issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got a magnetic base sport with the sunroof, 600 miles the axle seal and oil pan was leaking got it fixed under warranty. Currently has over 6k miles and its absolutely flawless. No noises (except the driver seat creaks). I love this car, so glad I didn't get a 2.0 awd Titanium

1 - 20 of 20 Posts