Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, guys: I just watched Motor Trend's Head 2 Head between an Audi S4 & a Volvo T6R. Both cars are similar to The Fusion Sport in weight, but the S4's engine is longitudinally mounted while the Volvo's is Transverse (as is the Sport.)

Both engines were partially in front of the front axle, making them nose heavy and prone to understeer, whereas performance cars like the c7 corvette and BMW M3 have their engines mounted behind the fronts to contribute to better balance.

Now, I know that the Sport is NOT a die hard performance car but the engine is smaller than the 1.5gen's 3.5L duratec V6, and that engine bay was stuffed. Lol.

Have any of you guys checked out the engine bay yet? I imagine it being stuffed as well, due to all the extra components from being turbocharged, But maybe not as much as the 2010-2012 model.

If only we were getting the Focus RS's AWD to remedy the potential understeer on track. Couple that with bigger brakes, a real decklid spoiler and summer tires and we'd have a **** of a machine on our hands, guys. Lol.

Let's discuss...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Isn't the new Lincoln MKZ using the 3.0L v6 Turbo and the Focus RS awd system?

As for the Fusion Sport, I don't think the Audi would be a good competitor. It uses a dual clutch or manual gearbox & an underrated supercharged engine. While they're a bit nose heavy, their AWD system is one of the best in the game. The S60 AWD and 335xi would be better competitors for the Fusion Sport.
The S60 and 335xi both have regular torque converter gearboxes (335xi also has manual), both use a 3.0L turbocharged straight six. (2007-2010 335i uses twin turbo, 2011+ use a dual scroll single turbo)

The 335xi is around 3600lbs and the S60 awd is around 3800lbs while the Fusion Sport is about 3650lbs (going off memory).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts