Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I rested 20-30 minutes between every run.

Here's the jist of every run. Car stock tune 93 gas all 3 runs. All Accessories off, just under 1/4 tank of gas.

1st run [email protected] Was in drive and I ran slightly over the light so the guy came over told me to back up then was yelling at me to roll up my window, so my R/T and run in general were terrible. I also didn't prebrake, just smashed it.

2nd run [email protected] Was in drive, almost a full second of full left brake 3/4 gas and went as soon as I saw the last yellow light, I had hard wheel hop and spin.

3rd run. [email protected] Sport mode, full left brake 1/2 gas for a split second and smashed it at the last yellow.

I'll post youtube videos of the races below. ;):D

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Don't mind the jamming tunes, I was tuned into the track frequency so I was forced to rock out to Alanis Morissette.

Reactions: ike and 1153

·
Registered
126 Posts
Very nice numbers! I might have to make my way down there next time; Fusion on Fusion!

Reactions: Airwelldone

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Last run against a turbo 98 Civic. (He was spinning off of the line and couldn't reel me in.)

Reactions: ike and Ricochet

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was so excited that I had a typo on the first original post. The last run was a 13.611 not a 13.311. Hopefully a moderator can edit that for me because it wont allow me to modify the original text

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha. Thanks for the edit DaveE!
My buddy hit me up, apparently he recorded the last race from the sidelines.

Reactions: ike and 1153

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice runs and you broke into the triple digits.
I was literally fist pumping through the sunroof when I took the ticket and saw that it was over 100! ha

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice. Really great times. I was right there with you getting excited.

Reactions: Airwelldone

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice work! Any idea what the DA was? Do you have exhaust?
An educated guess would be -200 to -300 DA

It was low 50's, 40-50% humidity, track is 114ft above sea level

·
Registered
100 Posts
That sounds about right good times - with a tune I ran a 13 flat in pretty good air - I expect to get into the 12 in the spring - with some improved tires that will allow me to boost a little more on the launch and a custom dyno tune.

·
Registered
56 Posts
These cars really need an aftermarket cat back exhaust system. The stock muffler is way too quiet and heavy. We just need one with a nice deep rumble without sounding like a ricer with a fart pipe.

·
Registered
491 Posts
These cars really need an aftermarket cat back exhaust system. The stock muffler is way too quiet and heavy. We just need one with a nice deep rumble without sounding like a ricer with a fart pipe.
While I agree that a cat back is needed for better sound and wight reduction, getting a deep rumble out of a 2.7 V6 is probably not very likely unfortunately.

I found a video of a 2.7 Charger with pretty decent sound, still kind of raspy but not as bad as the ricer sound. It is missing that pop and crackle that sounds so good...

·
Registered
60 Posts
While I agree that a cat back is needed for better sound and wight reduction, getting a deep rumble out of a 2.7 V6 is probably not very likely unfortunately.

I found a video of a 2.7 Charger with pretty decent sound, still kind of raspy but not as bad as the ricer sound. It is missing that pop and crackle that sounds so good...

https://youtu.be/Inbw8PnM9rY
I had a custom catback with a magnaflow muffler on a v6 pickup almost 20 years ago, and was very content with the sound. Search YouTube for "2.7 ecoboost magnaflow" and you'll find a few F150s with a magnaflow setup. It doesn't sound quite as good as that charger clip though. The v6 mustangs and 3.5 ecoboost sound great with the magnaflow.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I had a custom catback with a magnaflow muffler on a v6 pickup almost 20 years ago, and was very content with the sound. Search YouTube for "2.7 ecoboost magnaflow" and you'll find a few F150s with a magnaflow setup. It doesn't sound quite as good as that charger clip though. The v6 mustangs and 3.5 ecoboost sound great with the magnaflow.
Our car sounds completely different than the F150. The SHO videos are a much better comparison as far as I can tell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts