Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I wish one of these reviews would actually test the cars 0-60 or 1/4 mile. Literally they used a random youtube video as a source for the 0-60.

·
Registered
215 Posts
"2017 Ford Fusion Sport first drive: A fitting name"

This is an interesting title and review considering it's the polar opposite of the Jalopnik article, which deemed this car to be an affront to the true meaning of Sport.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wish one of these reviews would actually test the cars 0-60 or 1/4 mile. Literally they used a random youtube video as a source for the 0-60.
Yes, that damned Autovlog one off 0-60 run seems to be what is defining this car. Hopefully this press event represents the beginning of Ford allowing some real tests to be done.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The summary at the end of the article that it's "sport touring" is right on. My two-wheeled conveyance (a BMW, incidentally) is also a "sport tourer," not a sportbike. That's precisely what some of us are looking for.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm thinking that what happened is that Ford had a demo and drive event in June and swore them all to secrecy until late August (because there've been 3 or 4 nearly identical reviews out in the last week, and the C&D one did specify that they got to drive it on real roads around H E L L, Michigan. That said they've obviously not provided one for instrumented testing to anyone, so all we get is "it pulls hard" vs "it feels like a sprightly family sedan" and no more specifics than that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
None of these "First Drive" writers seem to have actually driven the car. Just sad.
I think they just went to the same press event as everyone else, where they got to try the f'ing auto parking feature and drive around on some back roads. This would explain why all of these are coming out within a day of each other. Hopefully they all got a car to take back with them for some real testing. This is getting old.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Agree with previous poster's. I'm also really wondering if what drbob1 said about driving a demo in June is true. This might explain why they all keep saying Goodyear tires.

"Dark rims with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires are standard, summer Continentals are optional..."

I swear I'm going to find some Sports on local lots to see if I can find these standard Goodyear's. I don't really know much about these tires but this misinformation is really bugging me for some reason.

Not to be that Sport owner who gets angry when someone says something negative but I just don't get this quote:

"The fastest Fusion doesn’t come cheap. It starts at $34,350 and the ones we tested were in the 40K range. The V6 Camry starts at about $32,000 and the Honda Accord is about the same. We suppose if you optioned out either of those, you’d get to 40K, too. So the price is fair, if seemingly expensive, for a Fusion"
First it's fair, then it's seemingly expensive?
Why is it seemingly expensive for a Fusion w/ all-wheel drive to be 34350 but it's not for Camry /Accord to be 32000ish? $2000 for all-wheel drive sounds pretty fair too me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
None of these "First Drive" writers seem to have actually driven the car. Just sad.
Here's a review where the writer actually describes driving the car. I thought this short review was quite good- it describes the Sport for what it is- a family sedan that is a about two or three notches above the 245 horse Fusion in terms of performance. It is not a Fusion ST or Fusion RS and the rep from Ford admits that. I don't understand why Jalopnik was so hard on the car- they acted like they were reviewing a car with the RS badge on it when in reality, it was a Sport. Regardless, this is an interesting article. Playing devil's advocate, it does beg the question- why didn't Ford go all out with a Fusion ST or RS? As the writer suggests, I'm not sure the Sport will garner significant sales ... why not go all out on a performance variant and get all the street cried that goes with it (like the crazy press the Focus RS has been getting). Just thinking out loud..Ford obviously knows a lot more than I do. Plus, maybe this is the first step toward an all out b/a performance Fusion- if that's the case, this is a great first step! Really jealous of you guys picking up your brand new '17s...Ill take mine black please.

First Drive: 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport | Motor1.com

Reactions: 1153
1 - 10 of 10 Posts