Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autovlog just posted his video review on YouTube. It's 40 minutes long, can't watch because I'm at work but take a look!

·
Registered
183 Posts
He says he would pick ebony black interior for himself, as if that was an option. :)

Seems like he was not that impressed with the suspension nor the trans. And he did point out the engine noise in the cabin may be fake, just like other posters here noted already.

Good review overall.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
He is lucky he somehow got a total exclusive on being able to test the 17 sport, because that was painful to watch.
Could have told me in 5 minutes what took almost an hour.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a strong feeling he just took a dealers car out for a test drive and filmed it. A review car wouldn't have all the stickers on it.

I'm still waiting for a "real" review.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm just glad to watch a review that isn't a walk around outside a dealership.

Separately Lasco's thing was cool but it's basically from Ford.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a strong feeling he just took a dealers car out for a test drive and filmed it. A review car wouldn't have all the stickers on it.

I'm still waiting for a "real" review.
He is a sales rep at a Ford dealership in western PA. So he just took out a model they had on the lot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Man, I hope we get a legitimate review soon. MotorTrend, SmokingTire, ThatDudeInBlue, SOMEBODY??? Lol. I've only saw one review of the last gen Fusion Sport and it was painful as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
He is a sales rep at a Ford dealership in western PA. So he just took out a model they had on the lot.
Yup, you beat me to it. I have a big problem with what he is doing because that is not a press car. He is beating the crap out of a car that some unsuspecting person will buy. Seeing that would make me less likely to want to buy from that dealership.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm not really sure how he was beating the crap out of the car. Do you mean because he did a max acceleration run once or twice? He didn't appear to be cornering it too hard where he could scuff the tires. Pretty sure every new car that goes on a test drive gets a max acceleration run while it's on the test drive. Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not really sure how he was beating the crap out of the car. Do you mean because he did a max acceleration run once or twice? He didn't appear to be cornering it too hard where he could scuff the tires. Pretty sure every new car that goes on a test drive gets a max acceleration run while it's on the test drive. Just my 2 cents....
Watch his other videos. There is a POV video he made where he beat the crap out of the car for a while.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Watch his other videos. There is a POV video he made where he beat the crap out of the car for a while.
Don't want your new car beat on before you get it? Never buy
any car that just came out (especially performance versions).

Only one's that might be exempt are high end shelby's, etc... were
the buyer may not buy if it has miles.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I got lucky with mine... The dealer was dropping it off the car hauler when I got there... wasn't even checked in and I was the first consumer butt in the seat. Now, I assume the porter and prep guys had their fun with it between my test drive and delivery the following day.

With that said, I did test drive two others, and I was not all that nice to them;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
So long as they're warmed up completely, there's not much harm done by beating on them a bit anymore. With all of the CNC machining and the tolerances that come with it, the break-in period is practicality nonexistent.

Keeping in mind the break-in is not the same as the wear-in, of course.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Only one's that might be exempt are high end shelby's, etc... were
the buyer may not buy if it has miles.
I order my performance cars.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 2 cents: I don't really mind that this car was "beaten on". I think it can handle it and most cars on the lot will have suffered the same fate anyway. If Ford cared, they'd put some review models out there. For now the only information we can get is by guerilla means so that's fine with me. I'm not gonna buy that particular car anyway, so let him get the ticket for doing 100 on the public highway. The only reason I would care about ordering a car vs. buying it off the lot is getting it configured the way I want.

I will say I would basically never buy a car if I haven't driven it, or at least one that's the same as the one I'm buying.

Too many variables to actually prove that a car broke because it was abused before its break-in period and that it wouldn't have gone wrong except for that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
During the deliverance part of the video it shows him putting it in the sport mode and taking off from there. The dealer who I talked too said that the car had be be moving before putting it in the sport mode.

Anyone have any other feedback on this??

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
During the deliverance part of the video it shows him putting it in the sport mode and taking off from there. The dealer who I talked too said that the car had be be moving before putting it in the sport mode.

Anyone have any other feedback on this??

Thanks
The transmission needs to be in "D" before pressing the "S" button will switch it to sport. If you press the "S" button in "P" or "R" it doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The transmission needs to be in "D" before pressing the "S" button will switch it to sport. If you press the "S" button in "P" or "R" it doesn't do anything.
But the car does not have to be moving. ie Stopped at a light, press the S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts