Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This just happened: I returned to town from a weekend ski trip in MN. I filled up with gas and purchased a car wash. As I'm entering the wash, I pull up the window switches to make sure all windows are nicely sealed. As the car wash starts, the front passengers side window goes down. Thinking "WTF," I roll the window up and it bounces back from the top and it goes down to about 3/4 open. I hit the switch again, same result. Here comes the spray foam! Window still doesn't stay up and I catch a face full of cash wash. Now I'm fu*king livid. Prewash foam all over the interior.

The cash wash has automatic doors at the entry and exit. No escape! After the second blast of foam inside the car I throw it in drive and pull as far ahead as possible. The sprayer arm is luckily covered with a protective foam as it bumped the rear corner of the car. The car wash must have went into safety mode and shut down, door opens and I drive out.

Forgetting its Sunday, I blasted across town straight to the dealership mad as can be. The window still won't stay up. Luckily I don't have to drive anywhere and I have a garage to park in.

Ford is going to give me a full detail, and/or replace the interior components if there are any stains. 1,500 miles and this is the first **** time the windows have been down. Extremely pissed off! :mad:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D
I have the same issue but my automatic option does not work I have to hold the button to get the window to close.
Yeah, I figured holding up would stop the window from coming down but that didn't work. I got the window to reset after reading online about it. I'll be chatting with Ford tomorrow.

Registered
I have had the relays and motors replace. And with the newest repair they dented the interior molding by the window! Now waiting on that. The only way to close the window is to go up a little at a time without activating the auto up to get super close too window closed. Such a pain. But has been good since last repair. But had it in 2 or 3 times just for the windows. Sucks cuz I have had some issues and still love the car.

Registered
I could not find a car wash open yesterday and was pissed, after reading your post maybe that was a good thing, especially considering what happened to my car when I got back.

I was cleaning out the garage and suddenly all four windows are down. I can't get the windows back up without turning the car on. The key was in my pocket and the unlock button must have been held down without my knowledge, which apparently makes all the windows and moon roof open. So I went in to settings on the left screen, window settings, and then turned off this feature.

Since yours was only one window, I don't think it was because you did anything wrong with the key FOB, but possibly turning off this setting might help keep it from happening again in case that's where the bad software lies.

Registered
Sounds like you accidentally activated the initialization sequence when you checked to see if the windows were all up.. Just do this quick procedure to reset it.

Attachments

Registered
The same exact thing happened to my driver side window a few weeks ago, not even 5000 miles on the car. Super frustrating.

Registered
My wife went to her car this morning and discovered my passenger window about 1/3 of the way down. It rained yesterday and I didn't open my windows or roof all day. I came home and locked the car as usual, hung my keys on a hook, nothing abnormal.

Has this issue been identified by Ford?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had the relays and motors replace. And with the newest repair they dented the interior molding by the window! Now waiting on that. The only way to close the window is to go up a little at a time without activating the auto up to get super close too window closed. Such a pain. But has been good since last repair. But had it in 2 or 3 times just for the windows. Sucks cuz I have had some issues and still love the car.
That's absurd! I brand new car and they're replacing stuff like that already? :eek: I hope they figure out the issue(s). I really enjoy the car too, though this is my first issue I've experienced of what appears to be a few known problems.

I probably wouldn't have been as pissed off if this didn't happen to me during a car wash. :laugh:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could not find a car wash open yesterday and was pissed, after reading your post maybe that was a good thing, especially considering what happened to my car when I got back.

I was cleaning out the garage and suddenly all four windows are down. I can't get the windows back up without turning the car on. The key was in my pocket and the unlock button must have been held down without my knowledge, which apparently makes all the windows and moon roof open. So I went in to settings on the left screen, window settings, and then turned off this feature.

Since yours was only one window, I don't think it was because you did anything wrong with the key FOB, but possibly turning off this setting might help keep it from happening again in case that's where the bad software lies.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how I felt about the remote window control feature... Might be a nice option when it's super hot out but I would probably have a similar experience as you but wouldn't realize my windows down until the next day after a thunderstorm! :laugh:

I know it was something with the pressure limit switch in my scenario. The window was already up when I pulled up on the switch while the car was running, thus overloading the safety setting a dropping the window. It wouldn't recognize "home" for some reason until I figured out how to reset the module.

Registered
Yeah that window safety bounce feature is extremely stupid since it is is easy to activate if you accidentally press or pull the button twice fast lol...

I love my car and it is perfect but reading you guys hour sorties makes me nervous

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha some of the safety stuff is highly irritating.. Like, the touch screen lockout features when the vehicle is in motion. Android Auto is great, but can be annoying as well due to limited functions.

Another thing I noticed after work yesterday: the factory broke the retainer clip for the manual key lock cover on the drivers side door. They had taped the **** thing to the door rather than put a new piece on. Dealership had to order a new one for me. No big deal, but seriously!

Registered
Haha some of the safety stuff is highly irritating.. Like, the touch screen lockout features when the vehicle is in motion. Android Auto is great, but can be annoying as well due to limited functions.

Another thing I noticed after work yesterday: the factory broke the retainer clip for the manual key lock cover on the drivers side door. They had taped the **** thing to the door rather than put a new piece on. Dealership had to order a new one for me. No big deal, but seriously!
oh **** it have that touch lock bull? ****.... I use my iPhone 6+ for everything so i don't deal with that..

I hate taking my car for any dealer service cause those clowns don't care about **** and will mess stuff up

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, like entering addresses into GPS and a few other settings are locked out in motion. Sad we need to protect idiots with features like this and the windows! LOL!

I hear you though - I don't trust dealers and service centers with my vehicles. Carelessness!

Registered
Welp just had this happen to me. Just over 600 miles on the car. Gonna try the reset procedure and report back.

Reactions: cyclone87

Registered
Tried this reset procedure and could not seem to get it to work. So I disconnected the battery and let it sit 5-6 minutes before reconnecting and tried it again was able to get the window to stay up. Hopefully its resolved and I saved a trip to the dealer.

Registered
I just had this happen to me 2 weeks ago on the drivers window. I rolled it down while waiting for my sons class to get out, went to roll it up and it hits the tops and rolls down, after a few trys I found the quickly pressing up the down will allow you to inch up the window until it barely closes. I took it to the dealer the next week and after getting the car back I'm looking at the service slip and it looks like they disconnected a plug then plugged it back in. Seems like the electronics that control the window position get messed up somehow so the when you roll the window completely down, the window itself is still sticking up about 3/4" so that when you auto close the window it hits the top seal and still wants to go up another 3/4" but can't so it activates it safety feature and rolls back down. Sucks that it happened to you at the car wash, I totally agree with you the Ford should cover the cost to clean the interior.

Registered
I've been to the dealer 3 times at least for windowvrelated reasons. And now again it starred acting up again. I was gonna bring it back for the door trim they dented in after putting it back together from the last time. And now the last week the window won't stay up. I'm gonna try the reset as well since they sure aren't fixing the problem.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts