Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I feel so old when I look at a rotary dial and think "this is the future". And then miss my old shifting stick. :D
I already miss it, and I haven't even picked up my new one yet. I used to hold the gear shift quite frequently.

Reactions: 1153

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I like the extra room that was opened up by going with the rotary shifting dial, but has anyone else reached for the strikingly similar volume knob when trying to shift? I love that giant volume knob, but it's a near clone of the shifter.
Yes. I swear that one of these days my tranny is going to end up on the side of the road because my music was too loud.

Me- Oh my, I better turn my music down.

Tranny- Bye!

Reactions: elronino

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes. I swear that one of these days my tranny is going to end up on the side of the road because my music was too loud.
I almost made the opposite mistake I parked and accidentally turned the volume down instead of shifting to park. Luckily the radio was on and I noticed something was amiss before I took my foot off the brake when the music cut out. Otherwise I might be replacing the front end already.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has done this; on some forums admitting this sort of thing will get you 20 "Learn how to drive" responses. Not that I'm going to test it out, but I have to think there's some protection built into that shift dial against shifting into reverse on the highway, etc. I can hear my excuse to the dealer now: "I was just driving along, then all of a sudden..."

·
Registered
491 Posts
The car will shift to park if you open the driver's door without putting it in park. This won't help if you take your foot off of the brake before opening the door and there is something in front of you of course...

I wish it had the brake hold feature, that is probably the only thing that I will miss from the Lexus when my time comes to get an FFS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts